Think I strained my back while deadlifting, is it serious?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Today I was deadlifting at the gym and was doing 5 sets of 10 at 265(which I normal for me). On my 4th set I was on my 6th rep and as I went up I felt pop in the lower left part of my back. The pain seems to be concentrated but it’s hurts to walk and bend over and the area feels really tight and sore. I play high school football and I’m really scared this will put me out. My mom is a physical therapist and thinks I just pulled a muscle and if I ice and rest I should be good within a week. What do y’all think and any treatment suggestions? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think you should listen to your Mom as she’s a physical therapist.  I think ice and rest definitely a good idea and see where you’re at in a week!  Good luck.
  • Posted

Hi your mum knows much more than we do so listen to her.  There are no professional medics on here and even if there were you couldn't be diagnosed over the net.  If you don't want to listen to your  mum why not go and see your doctor instead?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.