Think it’s more than just anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi over the past week ive felt absolutely awful. Been to my gp twice and urgent care once in that time, both places said my symptoms are due to anxiety. Ive suffered from anxiety for years, yet I have never experienced the symptoms i have had recently.

Basically my whole face feels numb, I suffered from agonizing headaches yet they have disappeared and have been replaced by weird sensations in my head, it feels hollow most times just feeling of static and slight pressure every now and again. I have been sleeping very poorly and when I do wake up my left cheek feels really strange which extends to the top left hand side of my head. My neck used to really ache but now i can barely feel it and keep feeling a sensation of it pulsing and sometimes it feels like its gushing out liquid, i get this sensation in my head from time to time as well. Every now and again i get this rotten smell in my nose as well, usually when the gushing sensation occurs.

Its driving me crazy. Drs seem to think im fine, my mum who is a psychiatric nurse says im fine. i just need piece of mind. I could convince myself it was just anxiety if i didnt feel worse just as i wake up. This morning i woke up with the aforementioned cheek sensation, my legs felt had a watery sensation in them. i felt cold and my chest was tight. Ive been ok today since then maybe with a few of the symtptoms i have mentioned occuring now and again but not as half as they have been. Anybody ever remotely been through this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If Dr's and your mother who is a psychiatrist nurse say it is anxiety then ot probably is. Have you tried taken a benzopaine such as valium/diazepam?

Do you take anything such as an ssri for the anxiety

Have you got a cold or something aswell i find this makes me alot worse

• Posted

i have just started a course of citalopram and propanolol. Also been prescribed anti histamines to help me sleep. Was given 4 diazepams to take earier in the week but doctors are reluctant to start people on a full course of them.

I an starting to get better during the day with just the odd bouts of palpitations, lightheadedness and confusion. Im still worse at night though i keep finding items such as my phone in weird places like the bottom of my bed like i have flung it and have no recollection of doing so. I havent got a cold no.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.