Thinking...

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have been sober almost eleven months now.  I have worked hard at sobriety and I feel as if it was not as hard for me, due to the fact that I am a binge drinker by nature.  So I just took the binge out of my nature.  Recently, my mom has fallen ill and is in the hospital.  This has been the first time when I have really craved a beer.  I cannot seem to be able to rationlize me not having a beer.  This is all so new to me.  Crap...

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hang on in there! Your mum needs you especially no, to be there for her, and not drunk!!  You CAN do this.  x
    • Posted

I will stay sober for the time being.  No promises for the future.  lol 
  • Posted

Yes be strong Mathew you can do this you have done so well please be strong☺
    • Posted

Now is not the time for sure.  But I do not know if I can keep this up forever.
  • Posted

Wow you have done amazingly well don't give up now. Keep going you will get through this imGine if you got an emergency call to go to the hospital and you were drunk. Easy to say but this is worth a try.

good luck, hope your Mother gets well soon.

• Posted

I would not forgive myself if I was called to go to the hospital and I could not.  Thanks!
  • Posted

Perhaps your subconscious is finding an excuse to get you to give in to the demon drink again.  Don't give into it for your Mum's sake, she needs you sober.

I hope she comes through this alright....and you too.

• Posted

Right now is not the time for sure.  I do realize that but I was not having any cravings until recently.
  • Posted

Mathew dont cut your self short beccause you are a bing drinker. What you have done is fantastic GOOD for YOU

Hang in there you have done very well smile

• Posted

I binge drink and I would find it near impossible to go that long without drinking so good for you I think after 11 months you are doing so well and have created a life without alcohol in it. Hope everything works out for you.
    • Posted

Thanks Star.  I never have needed alcohol every day but when I drank I loved to party.  I do not want that again but I wish I could get a drunk on every now and then lol.  It makes me that much adorable, in my mind anyway!  Ha!
    • Posted

Hi Matthew I know for sure I do not get anywhere close to adorable infact I notice the huge affect alcohol has on me while very drunk and its not attractive at all. I cant keep up proper conversation when I get like that. But now I want to stop the binging altogether. Im finding it really hard to find the motivation to stop I think I used to want to get THAT drunk to stop the anxiety it is however very temporary and some of the worst anxiety of my life has been the day following a binge. Id say the reason you are craving is due to extreme stress.Hope your mums ok and good luck to you.
    • Posted

Sorry I know I am not adorable when I consume alcohol.  I just try to mask my vunerability and overall anxiety with self deprecating humor.  And yes I am extremely afraid and that is why I want to drink.  And to tell you the truth, since I have quit drinking my panic attacks have ceased.  Just be good to yourself Star and all will fall into place.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.