Thinking about germs all the time..

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a phobia towards uncleaned meat and not long ago someone cooked it without cleaning it out, which was beef. Usually we boil it to kills most of the bacteria but for some dumb reason I believed it wasn't going to effect me because I felt stronger than my mind...but once I ate it and it was in my system I panicked and I couldn't stop thinking about germs being everywhere ever since. Sadly, I know always known they were everywhere but now I have that constant thought everyday that annoys me..

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

All I can think to say to give you a thought is that the more germs you are exposed to the tougher your immune system will become. I used to clean for a very dirty elderly man. He was 83 and he was never Ill because I think he got used to those conditions. I found it difficult to de with but never came to any harm. Maybe your phobia comes from the fear of feeling ill?
    • Posted

Thanks Anxy for the reply, and its true I was always afraid of having a disease..it's sad because I thought I'll never get like this to be honest..I regret eating the meat because now I deal with this anxiety that makes me feel so crazy. Its like back then I wasn't afraid of them being everywhere but since I panicked over the meat so bad my mind fear of it being everywhere and on everything. It annoys me its like I have no control over my mind. I don't do any compulsive behavior though, its only be a very obsessive thought. Its just a scary experience. I miss the days I use to wake up happy instead of being fearful of the world around me...my biggest fear is trying to except that this is the way I'll be forever.... sad
  • Posted

Im going to add low key  humor to this. Although its not funny to have OCD. Did you ever see war of the worlds? You know what saved it all..germs. They werent able to handle the germs. Germs are needed to build an immunity system. I know its an ocd thing and horrible a man named howie mandell on tv has it and has spoken about it a lot. We have a whole ecosystem going on in our bodies of bacterias and such. They work together. That probably doesnt help you much but maybe what anxy said is whats behind it. No one likes being sick. 
    • Posted

Hey Lisa, I heard about Howie Mandell I hope I don't stay like this...I want to be back to normal so bad. I'm sorry guys that I'm just being so sad..I try to believe that everything happens for a reason so we can learn our lesson but I don't see the meaning in this...I envious how there's normal people out there and I was one of them...like how did I let a phobia get out of hand..you know things like that...I have so many questions I wish I could get answers to because life right now feels like a living nightmare and I just wish so badly to wake up from it.
    • Posted

It got out of hand because you feed into it its urges. Its compulsion on too of obsession. Or visa versa depending. You have to learn not to react to the thought.it is a choice, or it was and will be again. You can respond to the thought, acknowledge it and accept it but you do not have to react to it. Cbt is so good for ocd. Cbt for ocd specially. You will need to face evey challenge that causes issues. Get the germs roll in the dirt, you must learn to say screw it all. Or as the songs  plays let it go... This is a retraining process. How it all began is anxiety. Anxiety is its core. Its not about checking anything over again its irrelevant, its anxiety. Worrying about germs is anxiety. You get sick, your vulnerable, what if this, what if that...etc..its all anxiety based. At first it comforted it now it owns you. Thats what anxiety does. Its the worst fake friend you can ever encounter. You need to understand what it is so you can rationale out a situation. I would def take the route of cbt specialty to ocd. I just know you must never feed into it. No matter what the urge. There is a reason behind of all this and it would be nice if someone figured it out. If you mean soiritualy maybe we are new souls and everything scares us. Maybe we are old souls who have had trauma after trauma and its embedded in our cells who knows. Maybe it is as simple as you signed up for  this adventure before you were born. Maybe no real thing to it further just for the adventure like deciding to see a horror movie or a scary theme park. Might not be this deep routed meaning behind it. But if you want to conquer, to win, to really get the heart  of it then challenege it, get some help, and look it face to face and say no more. And everytime hun, everytime it comes up accept, acknowledge and respond to it. You cant ignore it. But do not react to it. Its anxiety based. Over time about a year of this constant challenging it will calm itself down because it will no longer serve a purpose ot have any energy given to it. If you need to..look at all this as a challenging adventure game. Maybe that is all it is. We wont know till it over. And in the next life we are returning as laid back, happy go lucky on the slow  and easy ride in life hahahaha. 
    • Posted

Wow Lisa thank you so much, you've touched my heart like really you are truly a wonderful being I wish I had someone in my life who would comfort me as much as you do. You're awesome in every way possible. Right, when I felt like this is the end and that giving up was the answer you made me realize that this is just another mysterious chapter in my life that no matter what, good or bad, I shall accept it because it was probably written in my book of life. Thank you so much. :,)
  • Posted

I don't eat meat because I have OCD. My friend got salmonella and that triggered it. Germs are my main OCD issue.
    • Posted

It doesn't ever completely go away, but it can get better with CBT. The only way I think mine would go away is for God to heal me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.