Thinking about going back to work early!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Im back..... ok just a recap... im 5 weeks post op. Iv had a laproscopic sacrohysterpexy, cervix shortened, fallopium tubes removed and a posterior repair.

Im feeling really good. Wounds all except one healing well. One taking a little longer.... im in no pain and able to go about daily life really well. Im now starting to feel guilty being off work... sick note stated no work for 8 weeks then 4 weeks light duties back at work.... so thats another 3 weeks off work!!!! Do u think i should consider going back... obv after speaking to gp and getting the all clear...or should i really be staying off the 8 weeks???

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Hun

I haven't had the same op as you . I had an anterior repair done for the bladder . I was given a 4 week sick note , and hen told of I wasn't well enough or didn't feel right then to go get another one from my doctor . I am only 13 days out from my op and feel absolutely fine , going for walks etc ( still no hoovering or anything like that!) but j can tell you know I will be taking another two weeks off . I really think you should take he time off that they have given you to aid your healing . We may feel fine and look fine but there's a hell of a lot of stitches and healing going on inside that we know nothing about . Take the time just to relax , if your work is anything like mine they won't thank you for going bk early and before you know it things will be bk to how they were . Give yourself time to heal Hun x

• Posted

I know what your saying and tbh think thats the answer im prob gonna get on here. But i cant help but feel like i should be back to work now.....my work are totally understanding but im so fed up of not having my normal routine....

Thanks for the advice and hope you continue to recover well. Xx

• Posted

Hi Lee,

Its great that you are feeling so well. But at home pottering and back at work are very different. I would say for you to take the time off and make absolutely sure you are right because once you are back, even with a phased return you have go be 100%.

As Sarah says give yourself time to heal. X

• Posted

Dear Lee

Please rest, you've been through major surgery - don't feel guilty that you are feeling well but really your body does need as much rest as possible. There will be plenty of time for work!

S

• Posted

Lee can I ask at what point did the postiria start feeling better, I have had a A&P the stiches are driving mr nots and still heavey three weeks today
    • Posted

They'll feel like that for some weeks yet. You must have read on this forum how I always say the pain and discomfort following a posterior repair gets worse before it gets better because of the stitches tightening around the wound. Unfortunately no 2 women are the same because a lot depends on how many sutures you have and the extent of the prolapse. So for instance one woman could feel pain free after 4 weeks but others, me included feel the discomfort for 8 weeks. There's no way of telling how long and I forgot to mention, it depends on your pain threshold as well.
    • Posted

Did you feel like everything was low down and heavy, I am also still bleeding a small amount
    • Posted

Yes and it's not a nice feeling, I know so that's why rest is so important. Don't worry about the bleeding either, that's quite normal xx
    • Posted

If im being honest. I was actually starting to doubt as to weather or not my surgeon did it at all as i have had no discomfort at all!! But on sunday night i had a feel inside to see if i could feel any stitches and i did... then yesterday some of the stitching came away and then i saw the knot too... so suppose iv just been really lucky there.... in all of the the only pain iv had has been due to the bloating and trapped wind and the area around my wounds.... which is why im feeling guilty being off work...

I bled for about 2 weeks then i had my period.... hope you stary to feel better soon. Xx

• Posted

Lee I am so pleased you are ok still take it easy lv.

what week did you notice the stiches coming away? Mine are so itchy it is doing my head in

• Posted

Just yesterday and im 5 weeks post op today.... so hopefully not much longer for you.... so sorry to hear they driving u mad... i was expecting to feel that way but like i said didnt feel anything at all....

Take it easy and take care. Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.