Thinking I should join the Depression forum!

Posted , 15 users are following.

Almost 6 weeks post TKR surgery, and all I can do the last 2 days is cry!

I thought this has almost stopped, and bam! back it came!

Mind you my sleep has been lousy too - I rotate in bed like a roasting chicken, then trot (quiet not so tippy toed as I'd like) into the loungeroom, kind of get comfortable on the couch, only to then get up, get a drink, back to bed, back to the lounge, etc. Its a terrible vicious circle. Maybe lack of sleep isn't helping the tears. Starting to feel like a real oldie (I'm 56 feeling more like 96) (my aplogies to anyone who IS 96) ... watching movies doesn't help - people running around, in wonderful countries, dancing and singing all over the place only makes me more miserable! So I watch the news. Well that's a bad move too! Ok so my usual humour does poke through occasionally, but I think you get the message. I'm MISERABLE like this!!!

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ah, but as you say your sense of humour is still alive, and that's a wonderful thing!  Six weeks is still early days. . .but in my case, it was improvememnt most days after six weeks, although there were quite a few days when i felt I was slipping backwards . . You are, though, definitely over the worst!  the sleep pattern, unfortuantely, is an even harder nut to crack.  At over six months, unless I take a sleeping tablet, I spend most of the night awake . . . . . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.