thinking of being sterilised

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 27years old with 5 children and I don't want anymore child.I really need to be sterilised.any advice?will that be possible through the gp?thanks in advance for any advice

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you read the posts on here, you will see that a lot of women regret being sterilised - myself included, because of the after effects of pain.  My tubes were clipped.   If you want to risk having stabbing sharp pains in your right side (as I do, and have for the last 30 years) then go ahead!!  I have twice been back into hospital for laparoscopies to investigate the pain, only to be told everything is normal!  I have advised my daughters never to have this procedure done. Look under "Sterilised two years ago and nothing but pain since".  I would advise you to find other methods of brith control. 
  • Posted

Thanks for your advice
  • Posted

After 5 babies I don't think they would refuse you because of your age .gp would be first stop as they can do the referral. But they will ask if you have tried all other forms of contraception before they do anything. One thing they may ask you is would your partner not be willing to get done as it is far more easy for a man to get done and the op is major surgery for you to go thru. I can't tell u what too do but I wouldn't recommend going thru this too anyone. Good luck with wot u decide ☺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.