Thinking of coming off

Posted , 3 users are following.

so iv been on venlafaxine and mirtazapine for 6 months now, currently on 150mg ven and 22.5mg of mirt, i saw some hope on 15mg of mirt but iv had little relief on 22.5mg should i drop back down to 15mg or come off the 2 drugs completely advice would be apprexiated

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

both are pretty hard to get off

i am on both. 150mg of ven and 2.2 mg of mirt as been tapering of 45 for20 months.

i would tread carefully. maybe drop to 15 and wait a couple of weeks.

• Posted

How do you mean hard to come off ? just curious as to what i can expect should i come off them or at least one of them

• Posted

Maybe give the increase a few more weeks and decide from there. If you see no improvement, you might want to consider a change in medication. It's worth giving it a try, I think.

I'm afraid it sometimes takes a while to find the right one.

• Posted

doctor is taking me off mirtazapine keeping me on venlafaxine focusing on one medication instead of 2

• Posted

nasty withdrawal for some. i have had to taper from 45 to 2.2 over 20 months to be able to function. some people are fine but many have to slow taper.

• Posted

Yes, i am currently withdrawing from Venlafaxine and do have side effects but doesn't mean to everybody does.

My symptoms are:

It can make you feel like you have the

flu where your bones really hurt, bones hurt.

Muscle aches

Electric like shocks.

Brain zaps

Irritability

Ocular migranes and some really bad headaches

My neck hurts and although it sounds odd, my throat does too.

I have managed the decreases by coming off 12-15% each time and only move to the next decrease when I feel I'm ready and can manage it. It is doable.

If you can't manage it, I believe you can change Venlafaxine for Fluoxetine which has a longer half life and withdraw this way.

Remember, these are my symptoms, everybody is different

• Posted

I'm not working at the moment but that is also because I have a number of other health problems.

However, I am able to function and

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.