Thinking of starting Paxil, anybody have good news

Posted , 16 users are following.

36 year old male, physically healthy, mentally not so much. Lol. sad Anyway, I have severe anxiety now with some depression, it makes me want to end my life sometimes, it's pretty horrid. I won't do it because of my daughter and wife. I need help. Thinking of trying Paxil, anybody have good experience with it? If so, what's your dose, and what time of day is best to take it? Any strange side effects? I take Seroquel to sleep at night, it helps sometimes, but it doesn't help the anxiety during the day at all. Been dealing with this 8 months now. 8 months of hell. If you have any other suggestions, meditation or something, please advise

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I started taking paxil 30 mg 14 years ago for social anxiety and panic attacks. It kicked in within 2 weeks. Worked wonders for me...turned me into a much more confident person since I was able to get out and do things that normally caused me terrible anxiety. However it started not working as well a year ago-started getting depressed and more anxious. I quit about 5 weeks ago and have had terrible withdrawals. So in my case it did work wonderfully for 13 years. Now I take the lowest dose of xanax as needed which does not come close to how well paxil originally worked on me.
    • Posted

im experiencing paxil not working as well after 20 years. how are you going now?

• Posted

Paxil def works I would recommend it if you are feeling daily anxiety. I am now 3 months in on 20 mg and still experience ups and downs, I'm thinking it takes a full 6 months to feel the full benefits as my therapist had said. But I'm not sure, has it ever took 6 months to FULLY work for anyone??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.