Thinking of trading my body in for one of those healthy bodies

Posted , 5 users are following.

Fed up with ME / Fibro, thinking of trading my body in for one of those none problematic bodies I've heard of lol.  Need to make sure I don't get a worse one though, bless the owners of those. Bet there's a long queue - I'm thinking of one of those eat anything, sporty, good looking, fit ones.  Smaller shoe size so I can have any choice of shoes (including heals).  Brainy might be useful too wink and definately full of energy.

New body shop here I come ............................

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Let me know when you find the shop ;-),  

Would love to have all the other things, but could just do with some energy at the moment.  Do you think they sell it by weight  :-D

• Posted

The body or the energy levelcheesygrin. If it's body I'm going for light so my hubby can carry me upstairs but not so light the wind can blow me over. It's it's energy level .. tank me up to over flowing pleasewink
  • Posted

Hi Julie, I never even have enough energy nowadays to lay here and reply to messages. I also have cfs/frbro plus widespread osteoarthritis and just found out I have the BRCA1 gene so ovaries are coming out soon. I'll therefore make sure my body isn't on the list haha. Oh how I would love to be able to listen to music and dance around the room like I used to 😊 
    • Posted

DItto on the music. Made it to my hubby's work doo last and had to watch others dancing.  Really missed it.  This year I won't physically be able to go cos it'll be past my bedtime of 9pm on a good day. It's not worth wrecking a family weekend afterward so close to Christmas when we've got young kids.  Next year with my new body I'll be the first one on the dance floorwinkx
  • Posted

well I think I will join you in the search. I am sick and tired of mine. fibro, M.e and know thyroid trouble.
    • Posted

If I find it I'm only telling others where it is once I've got mine.  Sorry, totally selfish but they tell us we need to think of ourselves and listen to our bodies - mines saying "trade me in"cheesygrin
  • Posted

I really do understand how debilitating this can be - I have had 6 months now off work and have just handed in my notice as I just do not have the energy or memory/concentration to continue my job and due to such severe pain levels I find it hard to get dresses let alone go out of the house - especially withough hubby. He has to do my pill box too and all the cooking - I feel so guilty. I am also due to be a grandma in the next 2 months so really need to try my hardest to feel a little better. I have had such bad neck and back pain through the night as I have 6 degenerated discs and now burning, gritty eyes - I just seem to get more and more things that go wrong. Mine seems to be triggered by a campylobacter infection which I went into hospital for and contracted c diff. What triggered yours?
    • Posted

No idea. It goes back until I was at least 14yrs old, maybe further. Wasn't investigated until 20 years later so who knows?  I don't remember a particular virus, I wasn't in hospital. I very upsetting death didn't happen until I was 17.  A family split up was when I was 8.  I have always been a stressy person living in a stressy house hold. A head injury when I was 18. My spin is physically fine except for 3 areas of damage which aren't touching the nerves.

Congrats at soon becoming a Grandma.

• Posted

I'm very sorry you're so ill. I do understand, because I'm severely limited, too. I think we need to change our mindset. Instead of trying hard to feel better, accepting that we are ill. By getting the necessary rest, we may end up feeling better. It may seem counterintuitive, but by trying to feel better, we may just be placing added stress on ouselves to achieve something. Exactly what we don't need.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.