Thinking of you old fat guy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hope you are not affected by tornadoes.

Hi Roland

Watching on the news about the tornadoes and hope you are spared.

Good luck next month with yet another surgery and hope you and your wife are doing OK

Betty

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Good to hear from you. Tornados have been everywhere but here the past couple of weeks. Lots of property damage but fortunately limited loss of life. Flooding has been the worst part of nature's handouts. Oklahoma City has ref just a little over 30" of rain this year so far, about 3 x's the norm. Monday the 1st temps are going down into the mid 40's overnight. At least we won't be running up a big electric bill for using the A C. Another couple of weeks and we'll be in summers heat. We are going to miss our 1St real taste of summer as we won't be going to Stockton for our son's wedding. Hate to miss it but neither of us are up to a trip like that. Our son was through here a couple of weeks ago and is very understanding. After seeing his mom he really understands a weekend like that could be fatal as weak as she has become. The other 3 kids will be there and half dozen of his high school buddies plus family are making it. Two of his customers from Oregon and a couple from Washington so he'll have a lot of friends and family but it's not like having mom who he dearly loves and appreciates. Hows everything going with you? A number of the group from 4 or 5 months ago have seemingly moved on. Always great news when healing has taken place and lives are back where they are supposed to be. I'm looking forward to getting my new knee and fighting rehab to getup and going. This sitting around doing nothing is about to make a mental case, or a bigger mental case, out of me. I've been trying to do some light duty lawn care stuff and dragging a walker and stiff leg sure takes enjoyment out of it. I'm trying to get some dry rot replaced on a front porch pillar and get quotes for getting the house painted and for the life of me I can't get price quotes and people to follow up. Sure no out of work situation ariyd here apparently. You take care and thanks again for thinking of me .
    • Posted

There are a lot of us that think of you! You have had the roughest journey of anyone who has joined this forum. Your attitude to you situation is remarkable and an inspiration to all of us. Good luck with surgery, I will still follow your progress. I am now 13 weeks TKR and still making progress with the occasional step back.
    • Posted

Thanks so much. The jjourney is hard but for most, well worth the effort. I have Always thought Dr's could do a better job of explaining and emphasizing the difficulty but if they did they might put themselves in the poor house as a lot of us might of opted out. I couldn't have as I had run out of options but I sure didn't get prepared to much except the basics

• Posted

And here in California ----- not a drop! Worst drought I can remember!

I'm so sorry you & your wife will miss your sons wedding. Can you "be there" on Skype or face time? I've never done that myself but it's becoming quite popular it seems.

Well Roland, June is just around the corner and you will have your new knee before you know it and doing the "count down" again as you go through the journey of healing. You've come this far so just a little further to go now. Please continue to write on this forum as you have helped so many of us and we want to know how you are doing.

Yes, a lot of the "originals" have seemingly moved on, but I know they still receive and read the posts as I do. Being at 10 months now, I'm not in the same stage as the "newbies" so I don't have much to share that they can relate to. I still enjoy reading the posts though and it's fun to hear from one of the originals on occasion. Everyone becomes a friend, and it's good to hear back now & then to hear how they are doing.

Take care Roland and we will talk again soon.

Betty

• Posted

Hi Roland,  I have only been on this forum for 7 weeks but certainly appreciate your input.  I always wait to see what your advice is and it's always so constructive.  After hearing the troubles you have had, and are having, I appreciate it even more.  Good luck with your surgery, and the best of good thoughts to your wife.   Sue S in Adelaide, Australia.
    • Posted

Thanks so much. I hope my 12 plus years of education the hard way can be a little benefit. I was, and to an extent still am, an impatient person to a degree. Early on I found t b is was out of my control. I had to do the text book part of the rehab but to much larger degree, I had to rely on my maker to be the great healer. While the body was doing its part I was getting a greater lesson in humility and patience. I am a long way from growing a long beard, climbing to the top of the mountain in search of the meaning of life, I am certainly more in time with letting things come to me instead of my having to be in absolute control. My wife might be in to y Al disagreement
    • Posted

Should have read....my wife might be in total disagreement with that but she has a 57 year history to look at.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.