Thinning toward the back. V little help from dr.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I noticed last year that my hair started thining toward the back (near crown, it also doesnt help that i have an awkward calflick toward the back).

I went to the drs about this and she gave me locoid crelo to apply daily. But as my hairs got alot finer my hairs getting greasy instantly and this solution makes it even worse.

Im becoming increasingly worried and concious about the appearance of my hair. Im only 28 and used to have really thick hair and ive always taken really good care of it.

Can snyone give me some advice on treatments that have worked for them?

Does the hair recover and return to how it used to be?

And has anyone tried hair fibers.....ive been looking at these recently.

Im so concious of my continual thinning hair. Please help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My son was 17 when he started losing his and it was heartbearking he turned to dope and got really depressed ,and within 2 years it was like Dr Phils. we tried so many things to no avail. The only thing drs say is propecia and it has an erectile disfunction side affect which we weren't willing to risk. I hope you find something

• Posted

Hi jane,

Im sorry to hear about your son. I should have stated in my original post that im female.

My doctor has only said this locoid crelo solution, is that the same as propecia?

• Posted

I haven't heard of that sammie. I think Dr's might be more sympathic to a woman and try harder. Have you had all the blood tests etc seen a dermatologist? Have you recently had a baby?
    • Posted

Hi jane,

When i first brought this to my drs attention....approx 9 months ago she sent me for bloods on my thyroids, hormone levels and a few other things.

It was discovered that i have polsysistic ovaries (which they were shocked at as im a slim and slender woman).

Once my blood results came back she prescribed me the locoid crelo.

I did ask at the time are there any other avenues but she said no.

Ive not seen a dermatologist.

Ive also not recently had a baby or ever been pregnant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.