thiospot

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have suffered with Chloasma since my daughter was born 13 years ago, it now covers nearly both cheeks and I have 2 large parches on my forehead. I have been unable to cover it even with make-up so it shows all the time. I have tried so many different creams but nothing has worked. I started using Thiospot about 2 weeks ago and am starting to notice a very slight change, only problem is my skin has become very dry, I am wondering if anyone else has had the same problem?. I am really hoping that it works for me. I am using the cream, can anyone tell me what the roller does and if this will increase the chance of the brown patches fading quicker?. I will let you know how it goes..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I too have suffered with Chloasma for 7 yrs now. My forehead is covered with a brown streak and both my cheeks are covered in brown patches with white spots dotted around. I was referred to a dermatologist thinking they could use laser or Derma brasion to get rid of it but apparently its untreatable. I was prescribed skinoren but this hasn't had any effect, I was then sent to the red cross who specialize in skin camouflage makeup. They were amazing, they blended a color to match my natural skin color and the covered is amazing. I've spent thousands on makeup in 7 yrs but nothing comes close to this. I was prescribed the makeup and get it free on the nhs! It's waterproof and lasts all day even in water so I can go swimming with my little boy. It won't ever go and could get worse in the summer if I'm not careful but the camouflage makeup has given me back my confidence. It's called veil. Hope this helps
  • Posted

I just want to say a big "THANK YOU" to this website and all of the users. I have suffered with Chloasma for at least 8 years. I have a brown patch (shaped like a moth) on my forehead and a long patch on my cheek. My confidence is at an all time low. When I go out people don't actually look me in the eyes they zero in on my forehead and it's awful. I have tried make up like so many others but it doesn't cover it like I would like it to be covered. I have today ordered THIOSPOT and I really hope it works. If it wasn't for this website I wouldn't of heard of it. I will let everybody no how I get on with Thiospot, my fingers and toes are crossed.
  • Posted

To all in this discussion,

I have also been so grateful to the many forums I have been able to use to help me find a cure for my melasma. I had if for 8 years and tried everything including Thiospot which as mentioned made my skin rough and dry and did little for the melasma. In one forum I heard about a new laser treatment and decided to give it a go and now my melasma is gone!!. It used to make me so miserable and I just wanted to share the solution with as many people as possible. I have included two links below. One is a youtube video explaining how the laser works (in case you want to know the science behind it). This is what I was told to watch. The other is a link to the website. I contacted them and they helped me arrange treatment.

www.norseld.com/en/treatments/melasma.htm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztn2T4y3W3o

• Posted

Hi Stephanie

i have also purchased thiospot very recently after tried and tested almost all products out there promising to diminish pigmentation. I have struggling with pigmentation for almost 12 years and treatments including glycolic acid peels, microdermabrassions and mandelic peels  have only worsened my skin and made my skin condition more darker. I have no confidence around friends and family and others. I came across this forum and read your message about the FEM Yellow Laser Treatment and as recommended by yourself I have followed the two links and researched further. I am astonished that such treatments are out there, I have read about IPL treatments but reading reviews they have damaged skin problems more but this treatment seems and looks very promising. Unfortunately I can't seen to find any clinics around where I live (greater Manchester) or either in the UK. Can you advise me where you got your treatment done and roughly how much each treatment costs. 

​Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you 

• Posted

had chloasma since having my first child 13 years ago, have just lived with it, tried no doctor or creams, as I am now 40 I have become more conscious of it probably because rest of my skin is going down hill! I have light brown pigment on cheeks and forehead , I am reluctant to use creams, can anyone recommend good covering make up?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.