Third Bartholin's Cyst in my life and it went soooo much easier!!!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

So first experience was in my mid-20's... I was at work and suddenly I noticed the pain, swelling, and pressure building. With the type of work I used to do, leaving wasn't an option, so toughed it out. It got so intense by the end of my night, I went to the ER. They ended up attempting a lance and drain an abscess the size of a lemon under local, but it wouldn't drain. I was sent home in worse pain with a script for cipro and directions to do sitz baths 3-4 times per day, which again wasn't happening with work schedule. The abscess ruptured that night while I was asleep, and verified when I followed up with my PCP as clear and healing well.

Fast forward almost 20 years....

I've had two in the last 5 years on the opposing side from the original. The first one only reached the size of a golfball. After a course of general antibiotics, and a referral to a quack who wanted to go straight for a marsupialization procedure (he hadn't done one in 14 years and wanted to practice- hell no!) instead of the needle aspiration I was requesting, I left in pain and opted for homeopathic treatment.

sitz baths with epsom, upped intake of Vitamin C, B, K, ginger, whole garlic (found a good option thru it being packed in olive oil as a snack), tylenol and ibuprofen alternately, lots of water, heat compress...and it went away on its own.

The second one I just barely had let go not even 10 minutes ago.... wow! I read thru a lot of the suggestions on here since this one started growing a few days ago, and after trying both sitz baths with epsom and tea tree twice, then a witch hazel compress....it came to a head in less than 24 hours and released!!!!! Instant relief! I will still be continuing post-care with compress and OTC NSAID's but this one was by far the easiest and least painful of the bunch.

Don't give up, and don't stand for the hack if you can avoid it...

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.