Third metatarsal

Posted , 4 users are following.

i understand everyone's depression and anxiety.  I was thrown under a Dooley and fractured the 3rd met. Emergency trip and a nite in hospital.  Then got a referral and orthopedic said stay in boot rest and stay off of it.  Come back in 5 weeks - 5 weeks no change still fractured metatarsal.  So depressing had higher hopes I'm today 10 weeks and will get another X-ray  Feb 4  and I'm still on crutches.  And wearing boot.  Yesterday had an adjustment cause hips were killing me.  Chiro said stimulating foot side to side standing with assistance can help.  So I did that last nite just a little and no pain.  I walked barefoot this morning and no pain and did a few side to side.  Then I got on this forum!!! I'm not gonna do anything else but rest.  I'm scared that I might do damage.  No one ever talks about the third metatarsal! Can someone respond?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have freighburgs infraction in my third metatarsal, have for 18 years. In 2013 I had the last foot injury that would throw me in to surgery. I was told it was fractured (as anyone who had no idea what the disease was and xrayed my foot said), and put in a walking shoe. A week later my podiatrist put me in a walking boot. Two months later he suggested surgery. It was only supposed to take 4-6 weeks and I'd be out of the boot. 10 weeks later I was told I could start trying to walk without the boot. Now I'm in more pain than before the surgery, over two years later. I've lost at least a centimeters length in my middle toe, and it's crooked. The pain in my foot now goes all the way to the outside of my foot. My dr told me it could be 10% better, or 75% better and I understand with what's wrong with my foot where he was coming from, but he NEVER said anything about it being a lot worse than before. Oh, and tingling and numbness too. I've been told I will also need more surgeries, but am going to wait until I feel like I can no longer walk because I'm only 30, a single mom, and cannot afford to take off working both of my jobs. Hope whatever you're going through gets figured out without surgery, or you are in the position to be able to take off. Hood luvk to you.
    • Posted

God bless you and thanks for responding and yes Your info was

Important to me. I hope you get some healing.

Micaela

• Posted

Be very careful walking barefoot, use the calmer boot, contrast therapy it's great a this point, pick up marbles from the floor and leg lifts great to regain the loose calf muscle. I had 5th met fracture and this is the 14 week walking without crutches but still using the boot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.