Third time is the charm.

Posted , 2 users are following.

just had my 3rd tkr i was hoping i was going to be better But not I notice my ankle and the top of my foot was hurting and my foot was turned in and I couldn’t straighten it out so I just thought it was from the swelling. We live 3 1/2 hours from where I got my surgery so by the time I got home my knee was still hurting along with my foot . So I thought that was just from sitting in the car. I have what is called foot drop. I have never heard of this before and I was wondering if anyone out there knows anything about this. So now I am making the 3 1/2 drive earlier than my appointment the day after Christmas. To see My Doctor. The first week after my surgery all I did was sleep now I’m getting no sleep and my foot hurts more than my knee. How strange is this

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi your muscles in your foot have become very weak you will need lots of physio your DR should give you a foot brace go into google and look up foot drop it will explain it all to you good luck stay strong keep positive

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.