Third torn shoulder labrum

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was in a car wreck in December and as a result have torn my shoulder labrum for the third time. I'm a 30 year old male and the previous tears have occurred within the past 2 years. The nurse called and advised that it is a large tear to be careful with what I do until I see the surgeon which is Thursday. My question is at what point would a surgeon suggest a total or reverse shoulder replacement. I can't keep having shoulder surgeries once a year. Any advise would be great.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ugh...sounds painful.  Print off your post and show it to your doctor.  Let the doctor address your concerns and condition.  Good luck
  • Posted

I'm sorry this is happening. I would discuss your concerns with your doctor and when I explains to you make sure that you understand what he is suggesting. And as always remember sometimes other doctors have other opinions. Bless you, I pray for your healing.

• Posted

I’m sorry to hear that. Out of curiosity, what are your symptoms of a labrum tear? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.