Third week into this and I can't stop crying!

Posted , 5 users are following.

My Dr just increased my Prozac from 10 to 20 mg and it's my third week on it. All I have done for 3 days now it seems is cry. Not to mention, I turned 40 yesterday. How long will I continue to feel so sensitive?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It will get better - I promise - week 3 was not good for me . Berewith it . I'm week 5 on 20mg

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, this is hard and new and scary for me. I am a little more at ease knowing there are other people out there that are or have experienced what I am going threw. Happy holidays!
  • Posted

I'very been on 20mg prozac for 6 months, the first 7 weeks was the worst, then slowly things 'picked up' my mood lifted and side effects had gone by week 12. Now I don't know how I would have credit without. Yes it gets worse before it gets better but for me it was worth it. Stick with it and keep talying on here it really helps

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply, it helps me knowing that there are other people out there that know what I am going threw.
  • Posted

It will get better u will have good and bad days I'm the same I was on 20mg then 40mg every other day now iam on a reduced dose you will get better I know it xxx keep ure mind occupied as best u can

• Posted

Thanks for the responses!
    • Posted

We are always hear it's a problem halved feel free to message away any time xxx take care

• Posted

I had to quit after 3 weeks as the anxiety it was causing was too much for me. Worse than before the meds! And I felt 'wierd' like I wasn't in my body...scared me. This is day 3 without the meds. I feel a bit anxious, but I can't take a med that makes me feel that uncomfortable. I wish it would have worked but Effexor and now this isn't making me feel better. No way can I wait WEEKS or MONTHS to feel better....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.