Third week sleep getting a bit better

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last night I didn't take any sleep meds. I was so sleepy about 8. I finally got in bed at 9:30 but couldn't fall asleep right away. It was around 11 that I did. I slept great till 3am. I got up to use the bathroom. I couldn't go back to sleep right away and then my sleep was broken after that. Every hour I would wake. I know I had some sleep because I have a lot of short vivid dreams. I am not a morning person I don't like getting up early. About 7 I just laid in bed till 9. Please tell me it will get better. I would just like to be able to sleep longer. I'm currently on my third week taking 50mg zoloft every morning. I know the anxiety is still there. My doctor says this is why it's hard for me to go back to sleep.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Ask doc for phenerghan..it's an anti. histamine and i found it really good. You can take it with sertraline and it won't leave you drowsy the next day

Good luck

🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

• Posted

Hi acfierros, I’m also on 50 mgs as well and I can say at that mg I am having multiple great days in a row. I’ve been on 50 mg for 8 weeks now and no more side effects... except bad sleep!! This is common but it takes time to get better, I can tell you that compared to my 4-5 week mark my sleep has been improving but not 100% yet by any means. Point is my sleep with time is slowly improving and I bet soon yours will be as well!! Good luck
  • Posted

Its still early on med, 6 to 8 weeks for most people. It still takes me awhile to fall asleep but once I think I'm not going to be able too,then it happens. I do sleep all night except getting up to use bathroom but fall right back to sleep. I am now on 100, started on 50 for 4 months.

• Posted

May I ask why you are on 100? It scares me to go to a higher dose because I don't want anymore side effects. Did your sleep improve on 50?

• Posted

You definitely do not need a higher dose on only your third week, I’m eight weeks in and doing great on 50mg. After 8 or so weeks you can speak to your dr if you think you need to raise your dosage.
    • Posted

Yes it did but was still having anxiety, not as much but it just seemed like it was creeping back some. It's a trial and error drug before you find the right dosage. The side affects were minimal compared to the first time i was put on zoloft.

• Posted

Hi Brenda, quick question for you, when you increased from 50mg to 100mg did you do it all at once, or did you do 75 for a while then 100? And how were the side effects at 100 compared to the start up side effects?? Thanks. 
    • Posted

Joe what time of day to you take Zoloft? I first started taking at night but kept me awake so I've switched to mornings. That was 3 weeks ago. I take mine around 9am and then feel tired all of a sudden. I'm not sure if I should try taking at night again

• Posted

Hi Joe. I did 1 week on 75 and then to 100. My doctor put me on 100 from 50 but I wanted at least go alittle slowly. I had small anxiety, here and there but this time around I knew it was the meds and nothing else. It made a huge difference. Hope this helped. 😎

• Posted

Hi again, I actually take mine roughly the same time as you, 9-10am at the latest, I do notice sometimes around 1 or 2 pm I start getting sleepy but that only last for a few hours. Never had tried taking my tablets at night, something I may think about. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.