THIS CANT BE PERI/MENOPAUSE

Posted , 7 users are following.

I dont even know anymore if this is perimenopause. I literally feel like I was knocked down one day about 5 yrs ago. I used to have so much energy, my mood was stable and I was highly functioning. I then began having issues with intense brain fog, severe mood swings, severe depression, anxiety and panic attacks. I also began having sleep issues, I wake with impending doom and depression that weighs me down. I have no motivation, no energy, knee pain etc. I barely can function during the day, I feel like something is very off neurologically i feel spaced out, loopy, detached just a really odd feeling. I have chronic headaches, bouts of low blood pressure then palpations on and off. I dont like to leave my house or make plans because i never know how I am going to feel. When I tell you this has affected my quality of life it is putting it lightly. My husband and I are separated currently due to the fact of how overbearing it is for him and for us on our relationship. I can not be the mother, grandmother or wife I would like to be because of how bad I feel. I cant go on like this. Am I the only one, does it ever get better?

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

You are not the only one; I assure you. Believe me, I feel and understand your pain. What I have lived through for the past five years has been nothing less than human torture! I promise you that it does get better. After five years, I am FINALLY seeing the end of what felt like an eternal black and hopeless tunnel. I feel stronger and more optimistic than ever, and I have nothing but pride in myself for being able to survive it all.

Feel free to private message me. You can reach out whenever you want; I will always respond.

Big hugs,

xo

• Posted

Did you use HRT or go through it naturally? I'm on BHRT and it helps A LOT but I just don't like the fact that I'm using it. I tried natural but had such horrible symptoms and most went away or reduced after I got on hormones. I just have concerns about it. My doctor says that HRT is better now than it was 30 years ago and not to worry. I can start thinking about it too much though and freak myself out, lol.

• Edited

I went the natural route, even though it was horrifically painful. In retrospect, it was the right choice for me. I knew it was a natural process, and I wanted my body to go through it. When I felt horrible, physically and mentally, I didn't have to second guess myself about whether it was being caused by hormones that I was taking.

I'm an incredibly strong person, but this just about did me in. Luckily, I have an amazing partner, mother, and best friend who supported me through it all. I feel truly blessed to have been the recipient of such pure love.

Big hugs to you,

B xo

• Posted

hi brv, how r u now?? i have these migraines n head pressure everyday n internal shaking from head to pelvic floor to legs, have u been in these symptoms during peri??? how long it ll take to migraines to go away???? its horrible 😭

• Posted

hi seetu,

im going through some symptoms and im terrified i could have MS or parkinsons. what are your symptoms like?

• Posted

hi liihiles, im going through migraines with aura , my nose is closed difficult breathing, head pressure like tight band it is a hell!! n body feels weak. what about you???

• Posted

hi seetu. i have burning leg pain. feel a drip of something warm on my leg and it goes away fast. pins and needles. sometimes i feel maybe light headed. sometimes body feels weak also. sometimes i tremble inside. ive gone through so many things in my head of possible things it could be....im in so much pain

• Posted

hi, my migraines r everyday the aura ones, n light headed feeling, internal tremors continue from pelvic to head donno what to do like a machine working inside, n head pressure, tinnitus left ear can hear while sleeping, n breathing is difficult like nose is blocked n nasal dripping to throat mucus kind of n blurred vision , poor concentration and tired all time specially at night . hang in there u can msg me whenever feel like im one year in peri , my head pressure is continuing. its really hard.

• Posted

hi seetu, thank you for your response. i cry most every day. i hope you are doing well.

• Posted

this is me! you are definitely not alone. iknow exactly how you feel. hugs and prayers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.