This has confirmed my worse fears....

Posted , 3 users are following.

what a nightmare! i don't know if anyone on this forum has used private counselling to help support themselves with PTSD through assault. i have just experienced the most obnoxious rude counsellor i have ever experienced, which has left me broken! i feel so upset, i find counselling so tough anyway and i am now wondering again whether it is all worth it? can anyone please recommend a long term solution so rape doesn't hurt me any more? sorry if this post is rambling!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It's a completely legitimate concern. As a PTSD survivor I would like to tell you to immediately seek help and there are some long and short-term measures to deal with these as well.

For long-term management, I was recommended medical cannabis by my doctor and its been 4 months that I have been consuming that and I thank my luck stars that I gave it a try.Being an athlete I was not very welcoming to this idea but after reading about it, I was totally amazed.

For short term management you can go for:

Breathing exercises

Meditation

Yoga

I hope this helps. I know how this can be a tough situation!!!

• Posted

hi adamfc, i agree, i don't take cannabis but try counseling for PTSD. that really helped me but i don't want to slide back, it gave me tools and strategies that i can use though. i am trying to cope without medication but sometimes it's tough. i try lots of different methods to help myself, you have to with PTSD. the problem is the people who are living with you, it's so tough on them!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.