This helped me...

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've suffered with this for the past 4 months and it wasn't getting any better, but someone at work recommended Flexiseq saying it worked for them - I don't normally trust things that don't have lots of clinical trials behind them, but I figured I didn't have mich to loose trying it. I was really suprised. It actually worked for me. I know it's a little expensive, and I wish they would do some proper trials so that maybe NICE would list it for GP's to prescribe.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hello Mick, can you tell me what exactly you suffered with and how did you apply the flexiq? Thanks
    • Posted

Pain in the bottom of my left foot, mainly on the heal. Some pain when I walk, doesn't hurt when i rest, but hurts really badly when i get up after resting, and first thing in the morning, so bad i really cannot walk properly until it eases up.

I just take a small amount, about the sizeof a large pea, rub it in lightly, then let it dry completely before standing up or putting anything on my foot.

• Posted

Hi Mick i had surgery yesterday, what is Flexiseq as I have not heard of it. Thank you Kim
    • Posted

Hi there

Flexiseq is a cream which is primarily for the treatment of pain associated with osteoarthritis.  It's usually used on the knees.  You just apply it and dint rub it in, just let it sink into the skin and let it dry.  Usually takes about 20 mins if I remember rightly.   Apply twice a day.  It's a while since I have used it, although it was quite effective for an arthritic knee.  Never heard of it for treating PF though, although I'm willing to give anything a go as I've been suffering with this for 3 years now and I'm beginning to wonder if it is curable.  I have my doubts.  Downside to Flexiseq is the cost, which is about eighteen pounds for a medium size tube.  I get mine from Lloyd's chemist.  Best of luck with this horrible problem.

• Posted

Hi Kim

I have been suffering with pf for well over a year now and I can't ever see me having a normal life again....

What surgery did you have done ?

Jenny 

• Posted

What is 18 pounds in American dollars? Does anyone know and do u have to have a perscription or is it over the counter??
    • Posted

I think it would be about 15 dollars in the US.  Over here in the UK it is not on prescription and you have to buy it at the chemist.  Amazon do sell it I believe.
  • Posted

Hello Mick

I do have a tube of this in the bathroom which I have used on an arthritic knee.  Never thought of trying it for PF, but nothing ventured etc.  I am rubbing Voltarol on the bottom of my foot 4 times a day and have been doing so for the last 3/4 days.  I received a post from a man who said this had helped him enormously.  However I

haven't seen much difference to be honest.  Will give it a bit longer and then try the Flexsiqu.  It is expensive though at around eighteen pounds per tube.

• Posted

yes, it's not cheap, but a tube does last me about 2 months, so it probably doesn't work out much more than voltarol. Give it a try, I noticed a real difference after a couple of days of just one application when I get up and another before bed. It's not a miracle cure, but it makes it bearable.
  • Posted

Oh I though it might be....I have tried various creams, steroid injections, plaster cast, etc etc etc...... it is one painful frustrating condition.....
  • Posted

It's true it's not cheap. but I just use a small amount, rub it on then let it dry. I've used about half a tube ths past month. It doesn't take away all the pain, but it does mean when I get up in the mornng I can walk. When I forget to use it, the pain comes back so it's not a cure, and takes a couple of days before it really takes effect (it's not instantaneous, but it really only takes 2 days at most). I am really interested to hear if it helps anyone else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.