This is embarrassing and I need help

Posted , 2 users are following.

So this is super embarrassing but I've been suffering from BV for a little over two years now. I'm only 14 so I'm not sexually active, which is good because I hear sex makes it a lot worse. I've tried telling my mother, Twice, and asking for help but she gave me a disgusted look and she had said she'll help... that was months ago. Which made me tell her again because I had thought she might have forgotten, same response and no help. I've tried taking an ultra strength Probitoc 10 with 20 live probiotic cultures, I've tried to cut back on sugars and I've been eating plain and fruit assorted yogurts along with eating a few cloves of peeled garlic each day. No improvement. I've looked all over the internet for home remedies but I can't seem to find any, can someone please help me? Many of the remedies include using a tampon to stick medicine up the bikini area but I don't even use tampons so I definitely wouldn't be okay with that so I was wondering if anybody can supply me with home remedies or something. It's been absolutely horrible, there has been nasty discharge, a horrible smell and a little bit of inflammation so it's not only embarrassing but super uncomfortable and I really need help sad

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Luisa, I'm so sorry you are going through this at such a young age! I am 20 and I've been suffering with BV for almost a year and only just found a cure that works for me and will hopefully work for you! I take daily vitamins and probiotics, eat yoghurt everyday (to swallow the vitamins with because there are so many), I've tried to cut down sugar foods but because I do struggle with that I take a superfood powder everyday that contains 81 vital ingredients our body needs (vitamins, vegetables etc) literally every good thing your body needs it is in this! I just bought a sachet from the supermarket and you mix it with water. I feel this gives my body lots of good stuff despite still eating sugar and it helps make the BV go away! So everday I take:

1 Womens health probiotic that promotes good vaginal flora.

2 garlic capsules

2 vitamin B capsules

5 vitamin D3 1000iu (unfortunately I couldn't find 5000iu so I take 5 instead)

At the moment I am also using "Aci-jel" which is a gel you insert into the vagina every night which maintains and restore normal PH levels in the vagina.

I kept track of how long I took these for and I felt better after 5 or so days. Unfortunately these items can be a bit expensive.. maybe try to save a bit or ask your Mother again to help you out. I really hope this works for you like it did me. I already feel 100% better. Try to do these things every day for 1-2 weeks and try not to forget anything of the course of doing them. X

• Posted

Luisa,

Google "BV home remedies earth clinic" and click on the search result

Can you go to the chemist or pharmacist on your own and buy a vaginal ph balancing gel? Google it to see what I mean. I don't think I can mention the brand on here...

Or you could talk to a female pharmacist about your issue. They have heard it all before, don't worry.

Do you have a family doctor that you go to? Or is there a sexual health clinic nearby that you could go to? Try doing some research online or call them up and let them know you are 14 and need to see a doctor on your own and your Mother isn't willing to take you.

Another option is to wait until you are 15. You might be able to visit your doctor on your own once you turn 15, hopefully.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.