This is for those who have had endless tests with no diagnosis! Shortness of Breathe is evolving!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

THIS POST IS FOR THOSE WHOM HAVE HAD VARIOUS TESTS WITHOUT A SPECIFIC DIAGNOSIS

Just like everyone on here, I have had many tests that have come back to be unhelpful.

We can help each other by listing the following.

SYMPTOMS:

( Shortness of Breath )

( difficult swalloing )

( worsening breathlessness with posture )

post nasal drip

insomnia

Time you have had Symptoms and when they started:

( AGE ) 21

( durration of symptoms) 2-3 years

( starting point ) age 18-19

TEST or TREATMENTS:

spirometry : 3

lung function test (PFT) : 1

Chest x-ray : 2

CT-Scan of chest : 1 (no contrast)

right rib x-ray : 1

heary ultrasound : 1

ekg : 2

abdominal ultrasound : 1

abdominal (liver) mri : 1 (with contrast)

Endoscopy : 1

BLOOD TESTS:

various blood tests

liver, and basic physical blood tests

SURGERIES :

Deviated septum : 1

BACKGROUND OF POSSIBLE CAUSES:

SMOKED weed/hash from 13-18

increased smoking when it was first starting

Poor dieting when started : 230 Ibs 5'10"

was living a very sedintary lifestyle

lifted heavy weights, smoked, ate poorly in mass quantities whiling sitting in a recliner (supine position) playing endless video games.

have struggled with anxiety my whole life, but nothing that would cause this.

ADVICE/SUGGESTIONS (open) or (closed:

OPEN to both

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

So it is likely you have dysfunctional breathing. This can be caused by a lung disorder but can also be caused by anxiety. There are breathing techniques from your diaphragm you can learn to help with this. If the symptoms get worse and you get palpitations, I would recommend you get a d-dimer blood test and a chest CT with contrast.

You said you had a sedentary lifestyle and lifted heavy weights. I would recommend daily walks, (if possible, in daylight). If you want more strenuous exercise, then cardiovascular exercise would be more beneficial than heavy weights. get oxygen to your heart before putting pressure on it. When you get more physically fit then start the weights.

I would also strongly suggest speaking to a therapist about your anxiety. Stress is the cause of so many physical and mental health problems. You are only 21 and there is no longer the stigma that comes from getting help. You are at the beginning of your life and you can decide now whether you make it easier or harder.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.