this is giving me the motivation I have needed for so long

Posted , 8 users are following.

you all know what its like to be obese. I look in the mirror, not that I want to and I mean look. I'm fat and not the shape I should be. I want to diet but days turn to weeks which turn into years you know what I mean. Well orlistat isnt going to do it by itself. I have asked the NHS to part with its money for me and just like if I asked anybody for money I will do what I say I will do. These tablets cost £110 on the web for a months supply and I for one will do my best to make sure its money well spent. Beer is stopped, buying chocolate bars is no more. I will eat chicken, fish, veg, fruit and drink plenty of water. I will be exercising at least 4 times per week and I am thinking positive about losing weight. In fact I know I am going to lose weight because I said I am. I would love to lose a stone in 2 months and I look forward to it as the majority of my clothes will fit me once again. I sincerely hope you all do the same. I hope to encourage you all to take part in my weight monitoring see my weight class and log in each week and tell us how much you are losing

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

well done you

that was actually really in-spiring and sums it all up for us, doesn't it.

to be honest i havent really taken this product as seriously as i should have been doing. but from what u have just said it actually felt like me saying it.

thats why we're all here in this forum...waiting for someone to say the right words for it actually kick in and say yes, lets stop doing what we're doing and do it.

so if you've just kicked me into the right mental state for my weight to actually start falling off, i say thank-you!!! i needed that

nora x

• Posted

Hi Dadic

Its acknowledging that you need to do something about your weight and getting yourself started thats important - we all have to start somewhere. Keep things realistic, set realistic goals and keep looking at this website for help and support.

I've been on the blue tabs now for over 7 months and have managed to lose 6stone 3 pounds. I get weighed in on Wednesday and I'm hoping to break the twenty stone mark for the first time in ten years!

Today, my wife and I went through my wardrobe and got rid of a load of old clothes that are now far too big for me. I then went to the Asda and replaced them with off the peg t-shirts etc. Previously I had to order everything from the web from what i used to call fatman sites. I felt normal buying clothes for the first time in a long long time!!!

I still have a long way to go but this site has helped me when i felt like calling it a day or when i felt depressed.

Keep smiling and keep the faith

Andy

• Posted

Andy1705...well done you...I do hope you break the 20 stone....if not keep going...I'm stuck at the moment but hope things will move soon. I don't have the discipline of a weigh-in...my Dr is not particularly interested in me and I just order my blueys by repeat..however he will get a surprise next time I visit him....and he has put on so much weight in the last couple of years I'd hardly recognise him.

Best wishes for 19 stone something....

Joyce

• Posted

well we're interested Joyce - what is your current goal and what is your current weight?

We want weekly updates please!

Ruth

ps just fabbydoo Andy - keep it up

• Posted

I,ve been on xenical since 03/08/09 I weighed myself in work today, and I've lost 5lb.

This may not sound alot, but to me its brilliant as this week has been like goin cold turkey! no chocolate, no biscuits, no alcohol has passed my lips. Now I know it was well worth it!!!!!!!!!!

I feel alot better for it, I've not had no heartburn and I don't feel as sluggish. And I've noticed a difference in my clothes.

I still have away to go but i'm determined to do it, and just reading other peoples comments, there support has been brilliant.

A big thank you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ruud1

• Posted

Everyone and RR in particular....well.....as you know I'm not into strenuous exercise....I started on 1 April at 13 stone - now I'm 11 1/2 - slow compared to some of you but I am really enjoying the journey....just been for my walk and it never fails to amaze me how I can now walk up a hill very near home (before I even get warmed up) without as much as being out of breath. It feels really good.

Well RR I'm taking a leaf out of your book....I am hoping to be 11 stone by 9 September when we head off for another week (in Tunisia). Today I have made some extra effort to keep on the straight and narrow even more. Occasionally I drift a bit, a little bit only.

As we all know when folk start noticing that there's something different about you...'you look so well' etc etc...it makes it all worthwhile.

So, as I said before, onward and downward. thankfully I've never put on weight even on my last week away so have to be thankful for that.

Keep going everyone...there are so many newbies, aren't there? I feel positively old at this thing now.

• Posted

I've put 8/9 in my diary and will be watching out for an update. 11 stone sounds like a great target.
  • Posted

some great stories here. Well done Andy I can imagine how you must feel being able to go shopping for clothes instead of the internet. Heres to a long life. We must all realise that the health benifits are massive as well. Its also great to find other men who are as passionate about losing their weight as I am. I am losing weight but its less than a week and I dont want to mention how much yet
  • Posted

oo a man with a secret, how exciting :winkeye:
  • Posted

Hello All,

I came across this forum after being put on \"blueys\" last monday and have spent the weekend reading the posts. Very interesting and very informative. This is my 2nd time on them - was on them in 2001 and fell off the wagon in spectacular style after losing 3 stone. The old story - I regained the 3 stone and then some.....

I am now 125kg (was last monday - lost 3kg in this my first week :D ) and have every intention reaching my target - but for now, Im taking it one week at a time. I am tired of being big, tired of being breathless, tired of opening my wardrope and just about everything i own is black - I never seem to look any different apart from bigger when i look in the mirror - same colour just different shaped clothes. I have spent virtually all of my adult life big and now I want a different life. I have the incentive of surgery just after Christmas so i need to loose some for the doctor to be happy (hernia op) but unfortunately this rules out excercise for me with the exception of swimming which i love.

I hope i can ask questions here and get tips that will make this journey a bit easier. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Good luck to all.....

• Posted

Scotsfern...you've made your first and most important decision and it will benefit your health....well done..meal by meal, day by day and week by week will see a big difference in your silhouette.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.