This is hell

Posted , 9 users are following.

Is there ever any let up from this horrendous thing we are in inflicted with .I have been to docs today with a water infection blood in my wee which as totally phased me ,i told her i keep getting chest pains ,in the middle under my bust ,i have no appetite (i have been through more stress than usual (which is saying something)after my uncle who was more like my brother commited suicide .PLEASE DOES ANYONE ELSE SUFFER THESE PAINS THEY ARE NOT CONSTANT she as doubled my dose of opremzle but says xray if they dont work which is sending me over the edge .ANYONE WHO AS THESE SYMPTOMS CAN YOU LET ME KNOW .MY FREIND SAYS IVE HAD THEM MANY TOMES I HAVE SO MANY PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS K FORGET WHAT IVE HAD ☹

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I get chest pains all the time with anxiety. Have you tried seeing a therapist for yours? I do and it helps me a lot.

• Posted

ive been waiting for 7 months for a appointment .at my wits end ,like we all are .thankyou

• Posted

Why do you have to wait 7 months? If you're in the U.S., try using the Psychology Today website to find a therapist near u... that's where I found a few that I've gone to. You can go on there and search for therapists by location, insurance accepted, and specialization. It's very helpful!

• Posted

because here in the uk you have to wait forever anything medical. it took me 3 months to get a doctors appointment this year. i was once referred for a colonoscopy which i had to wait 10 months for.

• Posted

Ahhhh I see. That's funny bc the UK has more of a govt run, "universal healthcare" type system doesn't it? Which people in the U.S. say is amazing and want to have here lol. But I scheduled an endoscopy actually yesterday with my Dr, and my appt is in 3 weeks.

• Posted

Hi Darren

I don't know where you are in the UK but 3 months is a ridiculous time to wait for a doctor appointment, you did mean DOCTOR appointment did you? I am in the UK and if I phone my surgery I can usually get in the same day or if not the following day.

• Posted

its getting worse with the waiting times at the doctors even with some series issues. as you know the nhs is seriously overwhelmed with less funding aswell. i had blood in my stool and after 1 year of being fobbed off with ibs and no investigation i finally got a colonoscopy but 10 months is a long waiting time because in that time something fixable could become life threatening. im in shropshire in the u.k. the only time the surgery i attend normally gives same day apps is for children but it has to be serious.

• Posted

3 weeks is quite good. over here you only get a 2 or 3 week wait for a scan or procedure if they suspect cancer and you are literally wasting away.

if you go private its a lot quicker.

• Posted

Jeez, that sucks. Even my reg Dr sometimes I can get same day appointments, or next day at the latest. I also called yest to schedule an ultrasound of my stomach and for that I was able to get an appt this saturday (I'm having stomach issues lately lol). Makes me appreciate things though hearing how long yours takes! You are probably fine though, it sounds like your symptoms are anxiety related to me.

• Posted

sorry to hear the problems your having..it is a vicious circle when things happen that bring on symptons and make you worry ....it does get better and im sure it will for you... therapy may help so can meditation.. i have suffered for 2 years but when i look back to how i was i realise how much better i feel so the bad days and chest pains dont seem as scary....find what works for you and keep doing it

• Posted

dont take omporazole regularly. my doctor said that they take all the minerals out of your body and in the long term do more harm than good as they cause brittle bone disease and other issues. only take it when you really need it.

• Posted

waiting times physiological services in the u.k is a long wait because lots of people use it

• Posted

Hi denise92859, these sort of issues, are hurtful to metal and emotion. Only you can self bury the issues, no one else can for you, or medications. Support of those things are only temp. till you do it yourself. As that said the honest truth is there is nothing you can do about it now. Playing mind games with yourself as you are will only make your body and health a mess just as they did. Don't follow in those foot steps of loved ones to ruin. Instead love them, and only remember the good times. Learn from the issue not to follow that path. The hurt and pain and memory of them will never be forgotten. Just fades with time, if you allow it too. Understand you must first be willing to help yourself before another can help you. Also if you can't eat due to stress, just blend your food up into more liquid food and get it in you that way. This will slowly up your eating habits again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.