Posted , 4 users are following.

hi

here is my typical day

breakfast 

low fat yogurt and fruit. or just yogurt

lunch

ham sandwich with little to no spread with mustard. or baked beans

dinner

meat and salad or brown pasta and sauce.

i run 30 mins most days also. i lost a stone if 4 weeks but nothing in the last 4 weeks at all. am i doing this right or am i doing something wrong?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Looks like your diet is low in fat so not quite sure why your not loosing weight? However is that enough calories for you? If you dont get enough your body can hold on to fat just in case its needed.

as for the exercise, thats great but interval training is much better for burning fat. Walk for 30 secs, sprint as hard as you can for 30 secs and keep repeating.

theres a great programme you can watch, its 2-3yrs old now its called truth about exercise. If you can find it online its worth watching.

if you consistently run at the same pace apparently you burn carbs, but if you put yourself into physical stress its fat burning. I dont get the science either but it works

• Posted

sounds interesting. you knwo now you mention it i have heard that before. maybe i dont eat enough. i always think ill get fat if i eat more. silly i know. my running machine does interval running but it gets to fast for me and i panic lol. maybe i should manually adjust the speed on and off myself. was about to start lifting light weigts for upper body but now suffering tenis elbow. sometimes i think there is something trying to stop me. god i miss been 13 stone so much, i am loosing inches tho since i started so something is happeing. maybe ill eat a little more
    • Posted

Yes I dont like it going too fast either

perhaps work out your average daily calories by accurately weighing food and calculating from the label etc.

for women wanting to loose weight it should be 1200-1400 but for a bloke I think its about 1800.

in 30mins your burning about 500 calories I expect but if its consistent pace its just carbs not fat.

Ive just had my programme altered and now doing a max of 8mins - 30secs walk (5mph), 30 secs sprint (10.5mph) and keep repeating. So im actually only running for 4 mins but im $%:&÷# after lol

• Posted

i see what you mean. 10.5mph thats very fast. i have short legs and i would not cope at that speed. that fastest i can go is 7
  • Posted

Forgot to say that after a 10mins warm up on cross trainer then another 8 min (same style) on rower then stretch. Stretching is sooo important.

If budget allows a personal trainer will do a visit and make a programme fir you with the occasional visit if you cant afford weekly.

I found this the best way, I did forgo a holiday but for me it was imperative I got my fitness back with proper support

• Posted

7mph is fine use that as your fast pace and perhaps 3 or 4mph as your walking pace abd alternate every 30 secs
    • Posted

how long would you do that for ? in total ? 30 mins a day

• Posted

I aim to do 3 times a wk, I do other stuff too. I just replied to another post about exercise and wrote my average week

My gym sessions are now 10min warm up cross trainer, 8mins on treadmill (intervals), 8 mins on rower (intervals) 5mins cooling down on bike or similar then 5mins stretching

im no expert, its just what ive been recommended to do and it seems to be working.

I used to struggle to walk 400m my tendons were so weak I had extrutiating shin splints i couldnt exercise my dogs. Thats when I had a reality check

its really worth getting proper advise for a programme if you can

• Posted

you have helped me a lot by making me think more about what im doing. i will be reading up more but thanks for the thoughts x

steve

• Posted

Great, good luck

see if you can find the 'truth about exercise' programme. Its an eye opener to really burn fat.

it takes 3 mins....yep 3mins

• Posted

You can eat more foods that that, sometimes peoples weight stops or slow down for a bit before it picks up again. I would suggest eating more x
    • Posted

i think i do need to eat more. where is that damn dairy milk lol 
    • Posted

Hmmmm dairy milk! Gawd I love dairy milk thats why im here! I havent had any in months tho
    • Posted

nor me i wander how many calories are in just one little lick
    • Posted

There are some Chocolate treats you can have just because you are on the tablets you don't have to deprive yourself- your not going to put on weight by having a treat. Not sure if you like whole nut but if you buy alpro Hazelnut Milk and heat it up it tastes like whole nut chocolate it does to me anyway! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.