This is just a comment

Posted , 12 users are following.

I'm just very p*ssed off and I just had to vent.  There is a gentlemen on this site that as been on here asking alot of questions and we all have tryed to answer them.  What get me is that he is going to have a surgery from a doctor that could care less about him.  I would never let a doctor touch me that does not show some concern for the patient. .  When this guy told the doctor his fears and concern thes doctor told him to stop wasting his time that he would do the surgery the way he want because he is the doctor and knows best.....Life is to short to have someone treat you like that.  With any procedure we should have our fears and concerns answered not but on the side.  If a Doctor would do that to me I would go see another doctor.  Take care all and I hope you have your questions answered before you have anything done..Ken    

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sometimes the only way some folks can possibly learn is to ignore the knowledge and experience of others, by acting on their own.  Hubris?  Foolishness?  Denial? Pride?  Who can say for sure?
  • Posted

This has been blown rediculously out of proportion. The surgeon spent 1 hour over 2 days answering questions before stating that he was spending too much time on one patient. I would have liked more time, some surgeons are more accommodating, but I think this is about par for the course. He is director of robotic surgery at a large hospital and is probably quite busy.  He has since spent about another half hour answering questions.

He did agree to perform bipolar TURP as I requested, but would not let me specify any more details about the surgery, such as catheter time, etc; he is the surgeon and knows how to best perform the surgery details.  Again, this is probably not unusual, though I would have liked to specify every detail.

He was recommended by another surgeon that I consulted with and really like (but in a different hospital).  He agreed to perform my difficult surgery. His reputation among the half dozen urologists I consulted with, and the various nurses and medical assistants that I spoke to, is that he is an excellent surgeon, which is very important.

It may not be the ideal, I would prefer more attention, but we all must make the best of the options that are available, and I feel that my surgery is urgent and this is my best option right now.  Mark

• Posted

I still say you may the wrong decision but it's your life What will happen will happen  Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.