This is just hell

Posted , 9 users are following.

Ive really had enough now. 8 weeks now back on 15mg of mirt and i am going through sheer hell. My anxiety is through the roof im yet again off work have been 2 weeks now and i cant go on like this anymore. I fainted through the night on fr/sat. I awoke feeling very sick got up and sat on toilet and felt the faint coming on so slumped to the floor in bucketa of sweat. I didnt pass out completly but took almost 30 mins to recover enough to sit up then was violently sick. It was so bad i thought i was going to loose control of bodily functions!

Ive had horrible what i can describe as restless leg syndrome but its all over my body for weeks now and i feel sick almost all the time. The doctor is so insensitive and feel im just being fobbed off. Ive tried other doctors but always told i need to see the same doctor. I really feel this drug is causing all my problems and its a side effect but i tried coming off this in august with horrendous side effects where i was hospitalised. Doctor tried other ads but being sensitve had awful side effects. So put me back on these. Now i dont know what to do i cant afford to lose my job and cant afford to be off. Dont get sick pay as dont earn enough. I dont feel like me anymore just a walking shell of myself in constant pain and anxiety

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time of it reinstating 15 mg.  When you came off in August, was it a cold turkey, and how long were you off before going back on? 

• Posted

Yes i came off 7.5mg cold turkey and put on other medication. I was off around 5 /6 weeks before they reinstated it
  • Posted

Sweetie u r having tremors. It happened to me when i took that med. Im srry 2 say this but get away from it i almost died i had them tremors so bad i got to the er in 8 mins wen its a 45 min drive my parents where so scared they didnt know what was happening. Either did the er. They had me throw them immediately away. I did research on it bcuz we thought i was having mini sezuires but we found out its called tremors. Its basically attacking ur nervous system n it dnt know what to tell ur body what 2 do. Mayb its diff 4 u everyone us diff but when i hear this brings me right back to that day n go onto a defence mode n say what happened to me and hopes it helps. Good luck

❤❤❤

• Posted

Thanks you hun. I really think this drug is not helping me at all. I feel unreal every morning i wake and my anxiety and depression are worse. I cant go to work feel ill all the time. Its now been 9 weeks back on 15mg. It worries me about my tolerance to ads and if they will ever find a combination that works. I just want to feel normal again and be able to do normal things.my middle son whos 17 said yesterday youre ill 24/7 and hes right . I cant remember the last day i felt well in almost a year. Ive tried so many ads. The last one being sertraline which i only managed one
    • Posted

Why were u put on it. Mayb i can help ive been 9n alot of diff meds.
  • Posted

I really feel for you Kelly and I have been there. I can only tell you my story. I was on 30mg mirt and felt like you do now, lost my job and I'm also a single mum. I was put on Lovan (fluoxetine) tablets (that dissolve in water) 20mg. At the same time the mirt was cut to 15mg and started 25mg Quetiapine at night. This combination gave me some immediate relief. Then 8 weeks later the mirt was cut again to 7.5mg for 2 weeks then 3.75 for 2 week a then off. I had some side effects coming off the mirt (from 15mg)but it was bearable. I think the start up effects of Lovan were subdued by the Mirt, and the withdrawal effects of mirt were subdued by the LOVan After 4 weeks off mirt I was 80% there and after 6 weeks off mirt I was doing well. I still am nearly 4 months later. Eventually I will come off the Quetiapine at night but for now it helps me sleep well and im in no hurry to push my luck again! I will probably remain on Lovan indefinitely.

I wish you all the best. Please pm me if you want to chat.

• Posted

Thank you so much for replying i just wrote in my other post couple hours ago. Im very very depressed today i have no interest in anything i am just emotionless and going through the motions. I get up and instantly feel depressed. Im having such a rubbish time just now i now cant differentiate netween the physical symptoms and the mental ones. I have been off work this will be 3 weeks now having been unable to sleep with severe i can only describe it as having restless legs syndrome but all over its gotton so bad that by 5am im delerius and have to get up. Its with me all day. The other day i took a diazepam thinking it might calm it down help me doze in the afternoon but it made the symptoms much worse i thought i was having a stroke! Id taken diazepam at 8am and it was 2pm the symptoms hit! Will not take another one. Friday night was the same whole body tingling like i was being tickled so i had to get up. Last night i slept a bit better i left the mirtazapine till much later around 11pm but still wake a couple of times . This morning i awoke to that awful feeling of dread and doom. I am on waiting list for neuroligist and i have app to see psychiatric nurse on Thursday but the doctor has been useless. They dont care its all textbook and left to get on with it. There is no support coming off these ads. Anyway i just feel the mirtazapine only helps get me too sleep but not have a lovely restful refreshed sleep and its just taking the edge off the depression nothing more. I cant rember the last time i went to bed and slept normal and got up feeling good. Sorry for the long rant x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.