This is really embarrassing!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Right, i have anxiety and possible ibs i really couldn't find anywhere to post this thread and i need answers. Whenever i go for a hard stool i find i bleed a lot after there is usually orange sticky stuff aswell which looks like earwax. This doesn't happen all the time but when i do usually go i have to wipe a lot even after ive been. I really need help it takes me ages in the toilet.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you seen a gastroenterologist. You need to have an endoscopy to find out what us going on. Ask for a referral.
  • Posted

You may have a haemorroid or a fissure from passing hard stools and this may be causing the bleeding.  Mucus in your stools is also an IBS symptom as well as anxiety.  Do you have any stomach pain at all that moves about?

I have IBS and went through a period of having loose stools which were hard to clean.  Try a stool softener to make your stools easier to pass so that they do not graze your anus.  Also see your doctor for tests and diagnosis to verify the exact cause of the bleeding.  This is very important.

• Posted

Pippa's suggestions are great.  You might also need a Colonoscopy to see if you have Diverticular Disease (as opposed to IBS) or polyps, both of which can cause bleeding.  I was originally told IBS, but the colonoscopy confirmed Diverticular Disease.  Both are conditions where the colon muscle does not work normally.  Don't know if you are UK or USA, but I take Fybogel (UK - Metamucil USA), which bulks and softens the stool, and has a mild laxative effect.  I am prescribed and have been taking it for 16 years - nice and soft and regular.  But first go to the doctor, and don't let them fob you off.  Because the more you stress and worry, the worse your symptoms will get.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.