This is stupid

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ive had problems for 27 months now. Its f*****g unfair. Everybodys whining about few months or a year of bad symptoms, (most of which were much milder than I had) like they cant go on anymore and are on their wits ends. I dont want to disregard anyones struggling, I know its hard, but its f*****g unfair!! If I recovered in 1-1,5 year it would be f*****g walk in a park compared to this. When seasons change and you realize that this same day exactly one year ago, you were already ill,  it breaks your heart. And then another year passes by and you see that 2 year are f*****g lost and you are still in this s****y place with the same stupid symptoms. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I get it. I'm in month 20, sitting in my pyjamas late in the afternoon rather than being at the office or gym where I belong. I often wonder if it's worth hoping for recovery anymore and if life is worth living. All we can do is wait like useless lumps, I guess. My husband tells me this is temporary and it makes me cry and scream at him "How do you know!? What if it isn't!?" I know you're half a year ahead of me, but you're not alone in this hell. What are we doing wrong that our bodies hate us like this?? F*** PVFS.

• Posted

I hear you.. how old are you? I am 22 and had it exactly since turning 20. I was just about to start university in another country and move in with my gf there. We were perfect for each other. After a while she left, but I cant blame her, at 21 no ones prepared for this.  I feel like I missed the best years of my life, like I will never make it up for those I miss now. 
    • Posted

I'm 36, got sick at 34. I might miss my chance at having kids because of this stupid illness.

• Posted

That sounds horrible, absolutely sucks that it’s been that long. I only got sick in early June so looks like I have a long road ahead of me. 

Can I ask what symptoms you’ve been experiencing for so long? I’ve had a rash for a month now, sore itchy rash coving my whole body. It’s settling after being on steroids for the month, but it comes back when I go off them. I also feel the fatigue, so hard to get motivated ( lucky I’m just a stay at home mum for now) but even taking care of the kids is now a difficult task. 

Really hope things get better for you soon! 

• Posted

Hello, I ve written a post about my symptoms, its on my profile called 2 years of mono. Also, ebv is known to cause hypersensitivities, and rashes as well. Ive got one from amoxicillin even though I dont have allergy. Hopefully you are better soon.
  • Posted

I'm so sorry you're going through this for so long. I had symptoms for 8 months last year. Then it started up again this past April. I'm still housebound, for the 2nd summer in a row. It's so disheartening and depressing. I want to get some counseling but I can make an appointment because I never know if I'm going to feel well enough to get out on any given day. Sometimes I think that if I have to feel like this for the rest of my life, what's my purpose for even being here. Sorry. I know this isn't cheering you up any. I just hope you dont have much longer to put up with this. I've been taking CBD oil twice a day. Have you tried that? My best wishes go out to you. I hope it helps somewhat to know you're not alone.

• Posted

Hello, no I havent, but have though about using it. Lately, Ive made a deal with myself, Ill try to not worry at all for a month, and see what effect it has. You know, psyche and immunity is very connected, and if youre stressed all the time, pumping stress hormones, which inhibit your immune function, that can do lot of harm. Just an experiment, what result Ill get.
  • Posted

Hi Lob,

It will be two years for my daughter in November, I would trade places with her if I could, it is the worst illness I have ever experienced. Have you noticed any improvements?  she sometimes has moments where her head feels clearer, usually at night, she is discouraged too. She had really bad stomach and bladder issues at first that have resolved but the achy, tired, depression/anxiety and flu like symptoms remain.

• Posted

Hello, can I ask how old is she? This is nice instance displaying how different ebv is for everyone. Even though she is much younger than you, she still has worse course of illness.
    • Posted

She is 28, very healthy lifestyle, we got it from my teenage granddaughter, not sure how.
    • Posted

I haven’t replied in a while. It has been 25 months since I was infected. I am better than what I was this time last year. I worked pretty much the whole time. I am older also (49). Craig really saved my life on this site. I kept believing what he said and I am beginning to see some improvements. I am probably 70 percent. This time last year I thought I was going to not make it.
    • Posted

Hi Brent,

Glad you are on the road to recovery, this gives my daughter hope.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.