This life I have to live

Posted , 7 users are following.

I wish waking up each day was a feeling of gratitude

and excitement. But I feel dreadfulness cause I feel so empty and lost. left out the the loop of this life that everyone else enjoys. I am ashamed and embarrassed to feel this way and try daily to be optimistic then it's goes as soon as I go thru the day. I don't know if it's the meds because I feel the same without them. I seriously feels there is no way out of this life I live. I feel God has left me and I have never really been loved, truly honestly loved ever. Is this the reason I feel empty or I am a crazy person who needs to go to a place I can be my own, by myself so I don't feel the pressure to be ok everyday which is so exhausting. To the point I just want to give up and sleep. Is there anyone else who feels this way or am I alone.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

KIm......Reread what you wrote and decide if you want people on a gabapentin forum to respond to you. We don't  know how many meds you are taking, how much , etc. and what all the interactions may be happening as a result of all of that. You appear to be in a deep depression (I am not medically trained), but professional help is kind of out of reach on a patient forum where we tell each other how this one med, gabapentin is affecting us.  Perhaps your problems go beyond  what help we can do for you.  Would we try to tell you how to come out of this, if we could??  YES, INDEED.  Are there a lot of people out there looking for emotional support in life? Needing life coaches??  YES,  INDEED. But your words seem to indicate a much more involved discussion with a professional is in order.

In regards to gabapentin, if you are still taking that, according to other patients comments, it does cause some people to feel depressed.  As for myself, I was glad to get rid of some of my physical pain and that lifted my spirits. Please talk to the doctor who is prescribing you all of your meds and get the help you need.

?I am sincerely wishing you the way out of your dilemna. Even when in pain, life is worth living. I tell you this after living 81 years. May God bless you.

• Posted

It might seem a little trite to say that God never leaves you. You are not aware of his presence at the moment but please be assured that he is there. It is usually when we are less aware of him the he is holding us closest. When I got up this morning I almost felt thankful for my conditions. Some people wake up feeling awful and have nothing to look forward to but I was thanking Godthati had the Gabapentin to look forward to and soon the pain would lessen. I hope your day improves!
  • Posted

Kim8884 what meds are you taking?
    • Posted

Remecaide infusions an cymbalta gamapentin Prilosec and colonzapin as needed
  • Posted

No God has a plan for your life. All you have to do I call His name and he will meet you whereever you are. Romans 10:9, John 3:16..
  • Posted

I have been reading a lot this morning about the side effects of all the medications that I am taking. One that is for the nerve pain also causes anxiety and depression. I am praying that soon I will be strong enough to walk and e
    • Posted

20 days after I stopped taking Gabapentin I'm still going through a lot of pain a pressure in my head and dizzy spells.

It's worse when I lie down and then again when I sit up to get out of bed.

I just trust each day into the hand of God.

• Posted

Hi Kim.Just read your post.I under stand where you are coming from.I ve battled IBS with anxiety/depression for about 20 years,although it has really hit me hard the last 7 months for various life change reasons mainly involving work but also personal issues starting from about 1 to 2 years ago.I finally just crashed and burned.At the end of January I was at my deepest in the pit.For 5 days I just laid on the couch literally doing nothing.No TV,contact with anyone.etc.I forced myself to get up to take my meds,feed myself(ate only about 1000 calories a day if that) and my cats.I talked to God and although I didn't want to leave behind my family,friends and pets,asked God to take me home several times.Now at the same time I was also being withdrawn from some drugs while others were being added and had the upper respritory flu which didn't help.I'm still having problems but I'm praying and hoping God will bring me out of this.That with the help of the meds and lifestyle changes I will get better,but mostly God working His grace.I also have pain issues from the IBS.So no your definately not alone.I'll pray for you! God Bless You,Bob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.