This May Be Your Answer for your Sinuse....

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had a sinus infection for years. It's an ugly story. I did all kinds of treatments, and it got better, but never completely. Constant post nasal drip. So gross, uncomfortable and embarrassing. Then I read on this forum from I think a guy named Ramond to take Evening Primrose oil. Thank you Raymond. It didn't clear right away, or it didn't seem too because I had a cold. But even during the cold I could tell a difference. About a week after my cold I noticed it was gone. Thank you Ramond. I'm SO happy!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Dena,

That's great news. How do you use the Evening Primrose Oil? I want to try it, please My post-nasal drip is about to drown me Thank you.

Janet

• Posted

Janet, get some Evening Primrose Oil capsules. Take two for three days, then one a day for as long as it takes. Actually I noticed a difference almost right away. If it doesn't work what did you loose? I got mine at Walgreens.

• Posted

Great that EPO has worked so well for you, hopefully it will help others.

For me the best thing so far that I have been able to do for my many many years of sinus problems is to have bi-lateral FESS surgery on my maxillary sinuses. After seeing how blocked they were by tissue and bone, after having a CT scan, it was realised that most things that I was doing was never going to change how my sinus openings, or lack of, were going to cause many of my issues.

Now each time that I use my daily Sinus rinse my maxillary sinuses, both sides, fills up with the fluids that I use to rinse. Holding my head upside down and shake around and then straighten releases all of those fluids, along with clear and runny mucous. Prior to the surgery that could not happen as the sinus on my right was completely blocked and the left had a very small opening.

I do still use a daily sinus rinse, and will continue to do so. As yet the benefits for the surgery for me have been good. I have not needed to use povidone iodine or other solutions within my rinses and my mucous is now always clear.

The eternal post nasal drip also seems to have stopped...!

Good luck to all in finding what can work for you.

• Posted

Yes, you are correct. Different folks have different issues regarding sinuses. Hopefully each of us discovers what that is! Thank you for sharing your experience. 😀

• Posted

Hey Dena thank you for sharing your experience.

I am definitely gonna try that and will post it if that helps me or not.

Thank you again...!!!

• Posted

Yes, please let me know! The more remedies we find, we don't just help ourselves, but others also. 😀

• Posted

Hi Dena,

I often post this remedy if I see an opportunity before Raymond does! I have taken EPO daily for about 20 years after being prescribed it for mastalgia (breast pain - completely unrelated!). When I saw Raymond posting about it on here maybe 4 years ago I realised I hadn't had sinus problems for maybe - 20 years! In my youth every cold turned into severe sinusitis that needed antibiotics and time off work.

I'm not saying EPO is the reason I haven't been bothered by this problem for so long but it is a huge coincidence!

My understanding of how EPO works is that it saves the body having to hunt around and make something to complete a metabolic process. Because the EPO provides the often lacking chemical our bodies don't need to let our sinuses or other things go to pot when we have a cold. Or something like that.

It's good for just about everything so as you say, there's nothing to lose. I take a 1000mg capsule daily but I try to avoid cheaper GMO brands. Good idea to start with a higher amount.

• Posted

Miriam, thanks for your input. When one has an ongoing health issue, we find ourselves trying just about anything to get relief. THE EPO seems to be helping. Now if I could only rid myself of dry eye! 😁

• Posted

hey Dena, do you still take EPO for your sinusitis or did it go away for good after you took EPO?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.