This might be goodbye

Posted , 6 users are following.

Well lovely people, my doctor has taken me off Orlistat - the reason? - because we are ttc (trying to concieve) something she KNEW when she prescribed them - but five weeks on and 1 stone 3lbs lost, she has suddenly decided it's too much of a risk in case i fall pregnant. This all happened last thursday, but it's actually taken me until now to calm down and feel able to post about it, i was so frustrated and upset - it felt like a total slap in the face.

ANYWAY, i am no longer on the pills, but, i am still dieting, i had a swapover day on friday and started following a low-carb diet on saturday. I chose to change because i have pcos, and now i'm not constrained by the pills - a way of eating that cuts out the sugars is the best for me.

So, here comes the rub - i'd really like to stay on here for the weekly weigh-in, and just the general support of weightloss, regardless of the way i'm doing it - what i mean is - it gives me a boost reading how you're all doing and keeps me focused to keep going. BUT, being that i'm no longer on Orlistat, i fully understand if you'd rather i leave.

Stripeycat xxx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stripeycat,

Well done for the weight loss and keep it up. I have only been taking Orlistat for two weeks and have already lost four and a half pounds. I have tried all the diets over the years and hope this will help. me. I know how I felt when the doctor gave them to me and how I would feel now if he said I could not take them. This site is a great site with lots of helpful people who give lots of help support and advice. I am sure that you will be more than welcome as people need lots of support and encouragement.

Good luck with the TTC and if no one else will speak to you then I will.

Well done oce again :D

• Posted

Hey Stripeycat

sorry to hear the dr tok you off the tablets, but i guess its understandable. You should totally stay on the forum and keep us up to date with your progress, i think you'll still lose weight with a low fat diet and exercise, you just need the fear(!) still that the tablets give us.

good luck,

Carley x

• Posted

Hi Stripey Cat,

Good luck with coming off the tablets, keep up with the low fat diet, I know how hard it is to try and keep the weight off but best of luck. I'vew nearly completed my 1st week and touch wood no \"disasters\" :P

Good luck and keep us up to date with how you get on

Rachelle

• Posted

Don't you dare disappear!!

You have done so well so far and have been a support for others on this forum, you have earned your place missy!!! lol

Keep up the good work and good luck with the other :wink:

Jax x

• Posted

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, thankyou you lovely lovely people, really, just a BIG

thankyou soo very much for being supportive!! - it means a lot to me smile :wink:

OK - so, unless there are any further objections, i'm going to stay - and am happy to say after staying the same last week after the changeover from low-fat to low-carb/gi - i have this week lost 4lbs smile - i'll add it to the proper weigh-in thread in a minute - but just had to post on this first.

Good Luck to you all and fingers crossed or more nice losses for all of us!

Stripeycat xxx

• Posted

hi total unfair re pills could be a while till conceive so could have then come off them .

but you can still do it i managed to follow a plan while preagent did not not want to put on any weight with this child as i had put on 6 stone with previous.

i managed to just put on 7lb in the whole 9 months

so good luck with this i still need to lose 8 stone

jayne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.