This pain is making me insane

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey, I've had 5 surgeries all together, 3 drainages, 1 excision and the latest was the rhomboid flap repair... I've had nothing but pain since that operation which was 8 months ago, doctors have put it down to nerve pain but keep giving me pain killers to keep it at bay, pain killers arnt working one bit, there's a tiny pin hole up the top of my scar, I'm seeing the surgeon again on Monday to get it looked at, but I'm so worried they'll tell me there's nothing that can be done... The pain is basically constant. There's no sign of the cyst coming back, the dr did say possible fluid build up again, she said I might end up having an exploratory surgery... Has anyone been thru this after the flap repair? I'm at my wits end I can't live in pain anymore. Thank you for reading

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello, In my opinion look for the Cleft Lift ,  it is a new technic high success rate and recoevery in short time , Im a pilonidal sufferer and Im thinking about it next flare up, 
    • Posted

That's what I had done last time, different name but same procedure.. I just have no luck when it comes to these things
    • Posted

Cleft lift is a new procedure they somehow make the cleft shalow in order to prevent any reccurrence and it is very different from other technic , are you s sure that you had the same procedure ? where r you located , I live in the USA . who is your surgeon ?
    • Posted

Not the exact same surgery but basically the same, it gets rid of the cleft lift and the scar I've got is basically a jigsaw piece lol I'm in australia, this will be the 6th op so I'm praying it'll be the last

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.