This stinks!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I'm 26 with 3 small children ..my Pcp suspects glandular fever !! At the moment I'm waiting on blood test to confirm, I have been dealing with this for months now, however it's not consistent it will go away for a week and come back strong! Symptoms include pressure in my head and kneck, fatigue , muscle aches the only thing that seems to help is sleeping it off I feel as though my throat lymph nodes are making my throat feel like its tightening up ...I really am tired of dealing with it im ready for a real diagnosis so that I can start some sort of treatment everything I am experiencing is what you all have mentioned, all except I have no fever I did when it first started months back, however now it's more pressure in my head and kneck ! It's hard to even get up some days especially with 3 children so I hear you all loud and clear !

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Candice,

Your symptoms sound really similar to mine, minus the 3 small children! That must be so hard! rolleyes

For about two weeks I've had migraines, pressure in my head, aches - mostly around my back and upper shouders, and now in my groin, and severe fatigue. I get really dizzy at times if I try to do anything or go anywhere. I haven't had much of a temperature and my throats not that imflammed. Nothing seems to help, it just comes and goes thorughout the day. I've only just thought it could be glandular fever yesterday as my GP has been pretty poor and hasn't thought of anything, and I havent had a blood test yet. I think it helps to have a diagnosis but not really sure what there is in terms of treatment? Hope your symptoms start to subside soon! 

Stephen.

• Posted

Hi Candice,

Just want you to know I empathise, having had glandular fever about 10 years ago and it affecting me in a similarly debilitating way. It certainly sounds like it could be glandular fever, just hope and pray that you can get a definitive diagnosis as I know that at least helps to give a reason for why you've been feeling how you have been.

Key thing is to try to remove stress as much as possible (I know that must be hard with 3 children), rest whenever you can and take some vitamins / herbs to boost your immune system (would recommend a good strong multi-vitamin such as Immunace, B complex and co-enzyme Q10 for energy levels, and an immune boosting herb like echinicea or siberian ginseng).

Thinking of you and just hoping and believing that things will get better for you - hang in there. Don't panic if it doesn't come right away because it's a nasty virus and can take some months to get rid of, but you will get there without any doubt.

Take care

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.