This stuff is rough!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello there, I could really use some words of advice. I just started Citalopram last night and my doctor started me off at 20 mg. I was up all night sick to my stomach and ended up throwing up. I felt kind of crummy all day today except for my mood which seem to improve. I debated on not taking this tonight because I hate being nauseous and I definitely hate throwing up. I called the on-call doctor and he gave me the OK to split it into 10 mg and then cut it again into five which I did so I did take the 5 mg tonight and I'm just praying that I don't get sick again. Is this normal and common or do I need to be off of this medication???

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

There are a lot of side effects with citlaopram I also take 20mg and I am on day 25 although I never actually vomited I felt very sick and have lost over a stone in weight as I lost my appetite completely, the tablets take about 4-6 weeks to work it is a long journey but it is worth it in the end, I have been in them before and they do work but the 1st 3-4 weeks are rough

Hope you feel better soon xx

• Posted

I'm on the same dose started it 10 days ago and felt the exact same way! Was so freaked out, which didn't help the anxiety. But I know it's worth it in the end. Hope we all get some relief soon.

Xx😊

• Posted

Hello molly .I took things slow .I broke the pill onto half and half again .i was ok.

It's not nice as I tried sertraline and that was awfull.

Citrapram made me into a better person . as I don't give a hoot about things anymore .good kuck

• Posted

Hi Molly, I'm on day 25 and it's been awful, I'm now feeling there is a light at the end the tunnel so bear with it, so days are better than others. sparkly, Lizz and I are all on similar days and I couldn't have done it without them, stay on this forum, there are so many of us to hold your hand through it xxx
  • Posted

Thank you all so much! I needed to hear that!! I had to take only 5 mg last night due to cutting the pill and then cutting it again. I still felt a little bit nauseous but not bad at all!! 😀 I will take another 5 mg tonight and then I will start 10 mg on Monday after I call my doctor. My hopes are that I can ease myself into this!! I think it will definitely help!!! 🙏🏻👍🏻 You all have a great evening. 🤗
    • Posted

How are you doing now? xxx
    • Posted

You are doing the right thing Molly slowly slowly increase your dose. It is so worth it in the end. Hope you are progressing well.
    • Posted

I'm doing a bit better with the side effects I went to 15 mg last night and will stay there for the next week I had some nauseous feelings during the night didn't sleep that well but I'm feeling better today and have an appetite. On a sidenote I have acid reflux that I take medication for daily and the seems to be stirring up some stomach issues for me. Has anyone else had any of these heartburn/sour stomach issues?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.