This there any info on COPD

Posted , 3 users are following.

Was told I had copd in December last year and did not now what it was and the nurse nwver said looked at lots of sites on the internet that scred me half to death Use Ventolin to help my breathing

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yep. It does that doesn't it.

In my experience being told needs to be dealt with in a much kinder fashion but that is Nurses for you.

All it REALLY means it that the rest of your life is greatly inconvenienced and you will need to make a few adjustments to your lifestyle, thats ALL! You can still live a long time provided you take care of your body from now on.

Obviously Stop Smoking (Should go without saying) and keep on top of the Meds. If you Doc is doing his job properly he will not mind you making appointments to see him over ANYTHING to do with your condition. From here on you should be a priority - but DO WHAT HE/SHE SAYS!

• Posted

Stopped smoking a year ago when they thought I had ashma not seen a doctor yet just the nurse  been going once a year  for the past 3 years
  • Posted

true, take care of your body, you are the expert at how to do that. Eat well, exercise well, think positively, I hope to be 78 in June and have severe COPD. I am on oxygen and in a wheel chair, but I do the best I can each day and enjoy life as much as ever, just in a different manner. June
    • Posted

Thanks  have started to walk more that passed few month Take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.