This week's scores on the doors.......

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi gang, had physio today (I must be odd, I really enjoy going!) And my numbers were measured...... Last time my extension was 6 and now it's 5, so only a little movement but it's going in the right direction. But my bend, which was 87 last time, is 105. 105!!!!!!!! I'm over the moon! My lovely physio would usually discharge at those numbers, but as I'm now having so much trouble with my other knee, and am really struggling to hear weight on it, she wants to wait until I've seen my consultant on Monday in case he wants me to do any specific strengthening exercises to help it.

So the hard work is starting to pay off, the sun is shining, if I could just get more than 2 hours sleep at a time then all would be well!

Hope everyone is well and making good progress.

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done terri you are weird liking the physio ...lol but great news my physio won't let you get discharged until bend is at least 120  we are all coming along nicely and the ones who are not we are here for them good luck 
  • Posted

Well done!!

I would kill for those numbers. Glad it's paying off for you x

• Posted

I have physio tomorrow 12 weeks post op...I hate it my bend is 115 and I can pretty much staighten it if sitting on the floor but still not staighten when stood up...still limping but not sure if this is habit so do try really hard not to but end up doing it anyway. I don't use a crutch anymore but do feel very vulnerable when out on my own still more so in places like shopping centres to the point I don't stay out long which is not like me....still I'm going in the right direction so shouldn't moan really....keep going everyone x
    • Posted

We are just about the same . .week 13 . .. . same bend (although mne is maybe just a little less rolleyes, still not straight.. and however hard I push I can't seem to improve on the bend.  What does the physio do when you go?  I haven't had any physio since the first two weeks. . . I'm still limping at times, but more because of a very painful foot and hip!  the knee itself is OK . . .typical.  Interested to know what happens with a proper physio in charge. . . . may have to consider paying for it  . . .

• Posted

I didn't have any physio for the first 9 weeks! Did it all myself...just go up and down a stepper thing to see how my balance and strength is...A ball behind my back and bend up and down a wall...go on a balance beam and ride a bike....so not much really I find it a bit of a waste of time....He wants me to join a class...don't think I will bother lol
    • Posted

My hip and other knee are causing me a bit of pain too maybe Im just falling apart...just book in now to have it all replaced haha
    • Posted

I've had quite bad hip pain for years on and off . . needed to use a stick at times. . but nothing shows on mri's xrays or multiple other tests they've done, and after about a year it goes  . . . then a couple of years later comes back . . so I'm not sure that a replacement would be any good!  I think the other knee suffers because we automatically give it more grief when one knee is operated . . .Really painful feet too . .as you say falling to bits!  Need a body transplant really.thanks for the info on physio . .doesn't really sound as if it's worth spending a lot of money on it.  do they force the knee at all?  that's what I really need. . someone cruel enough to do what I wont do myself!

• Posted

Well the first time it was a lady and she said how is it when you try straightening it...at the time couldn't push knee completely flat to the bed...so she basically did like CPR on my knee...I nearly fell off of the bed...but straight away it straightened more so I suppose they know what they are doing
    • Posted

Haha I was having a laugh with a couple of the other ladies at physio today and we agreed that when we were on the slab we should have had everything replaced all at once and be done with it! Oooh the pain........
    • Posted

Hi Valerie,

My physio is ace, even though he gives me a lo of pain, when I started going to him in end of Dec. my leg was not straight, I'd say possibly 4 or 5, he explained the need for the leg to be straight, if you wanted to walk right, before going to him I could not lift my heel off the ground when walking. It is now perfectly straight. The first thing he does with me is move my kneecap until he feels its loose enough, then he has me hold my leg straight(as poss)up in the air, then holds my heel forward with one hand then holds my leg back with the other(hope you get this) he applies pressure until I tell him I've had enough, honestly it pulls quiter a lot at the back of your knee, but it does get results.

I am still going to him once a week even though I am 32 weeks, as with me being so late being able to have physio my (7 weeks) my bend was really bad, he has got me to 120 now, & says with a lot of hard work we can achieve more, so I keep on pushing.

We  are off to GB next week for my Grandaughters birthday, so I shall still keep up the exercises, my son has a cross-trainer, rower & a bike so I should  be able to keep up with my routine.

Lynnbiggrin

• Posted

Hi Valerie,

me again, when you read the one I sent regarding the physio, I meant, when my leg is up in the air(straight)he pulls my heel back(so as my foot is flexed) then he holds my legstraight & puts on pressure.

Hope you understand.

Lynn

• Posted

thanks, yes I can picture that now!  I imagine it stretches the leg well, and hopefully eventually helps to striaghten it. I'm finding it very difficult to get it straight . .still at about 8  . .. and the other one at MINUS 10, which isn't good either!  Engjoy your visit to GB . . hope the weather stays nice for you! It's so changeable at this time of the year. . . 
  • Posted

Hey Terri yes the sleep thing does take a while to work itself out. I'm 8wks post op today n realize it's all about positioning now I wake up only when the knee is in an weird position. So with me I have to sleep on my back with limited time on my sides even with pillows. I go to therphy mon wed thurs but the other days I cont doing my own exercises. Sorry to hear about your other knee hopefully it's just jealous n nothing serious
    • Posted

Lol I like the idea of knee jealousy - "look at me, look at meeeeee!" Like a tantruming toddler! I might have to put it on the naughty step........

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.