THIS WORKS!!..and without meds

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I tried a lot of things, but this is the best!  Make a beanbag approximately 15" x 8".  I've made mine out of flannel, with a removable washable cover out of fleece.  Fill with wheat berries, I used winter red hard wheat berries. You can find them at some natural food stores or online. Use approx 6-8 cups to make it 1 inch high laying flat. Heat the bean bag in microwave 2-3 minutes, take out and move around to mix up wheat berries, then another 2-3 minutes, until it is as hot as you can comfortably tolerate on your legs.  Then in bed or on couch (couch works best because you have a side to lean against), in kneeling position, put beanbag on back of knees squeezed between thighs and calves. Then lean forward into resting position (I use a couple pillows in front of me).  This instantly provides relief.  Then you can relax and hopefully fall asleep, but at least you are comfortable. The bag stays plenty warm 20 to 30 minutes. If you haven't fallen asleep by then, just get up and reheat.  Be sure not to use an electric heating pad this way, as you can seriously burn yourself. The bean bag works well because it contours to your legs. 

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.