Thoracic back pain for 3 months

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys. 

I am 29 years old female. I am at my ideal weight, I used to do sports regularly all my life. Non smoker. Drink on occasions. Great overall health. 

UNTIL 3. december 2015. 

I woke up in the morning with pain between my shoulder blades and it has not vanished since then. 

I have better and worse days but almost every 30 days I wake up and I get all the pain back, like a gang has beaten me up at night or tank rode over me...

I havent been able to work for 3 months.. And I am getting depressed from all the pain and inability. 

What I tried so far:

- physiotherapy, exercising, McKenzie method

- orthopedics made x ray, seems ok

- was taking muscle relaxants for two weeks in december

- pain medicine, brufen and similar

- chiropractor, helped for few days, but the pain is back

- cranio sacral therapy (good for nothing if you ask me)

- laser therapy

- injections of colagen from neurologist

- psychologist for support bcs I am sad and sensitive and down

- plus all obvious things like gels, warm pads, massage, etc... 

... I am still waiting for my MRI and will try accupuncture tomorrow.

Guys, any advice what else to do? I have attacks of pain. I had my hopes in the time and healing and injections and laser, trying to stay active but the truth is, I CAN NOT EVEN lie down and sleep bcs of the pain between my shoulder blades... 

The only diagnosis I have been given are: myofascial syndrome, blocked thoracic spine. 

What other doctor shall I see? Which specialty? What other therapy helped you with your pains? How to solve the origin of the problem?

I stay away from the pain meds, I dont take them unless totally desperate, I just try to lie down and relax. 

But the truth is. I am desperate. I cry almost every other day. The joy from my life is disappearing with the pain. 

I am limited, I cant sit for long periods, I cant walk for long periods, bcs of pain between my shoulder blades. 

Someone wiser please help me. 

Thank you all in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ask your Dr.to give you some voltaren in the pill form 50g take them once or twice a day. I have spinal stenosis and they are the only thing that gets me through the day.
    • Posted

Dear Ron. Thank you so much for the advice. Ihave tried voltaren gel but not thd pills. Next time i m desperate i m so going to keep that uin my mind! Thanx!
  • Posted

Hello. I am an Osteopath. You do not appear to have had a proper diagnosis. You will not know how to treat your problem until you understand it. Also you do not mention any possible triggering factors - such as an unaccustomed activity or a fall/accident etc. As you seem to be in acute pain for no apparent reason I would recommend the MRI as soon as possible. I have an arrangment where I can refer patients privately for a scan - and your chiropractor may have a similar arrangement where you are. If not go back to your GP and try to get your appointment brought forward. If your scan comes back as normal I would go back to your chiropractor or find an Osteopath. One or two visits may not be enough. If you have had pain a long time or if it is acute you may need many more sessions. Make sure you ask a lot of questions about why this has happened and how you can help yourself to get better and how to prevent it recurring. If it turns out you have to live with some of the pain there is help available to manage chronic pain from your GP. Hope you get better soon.
    • Posted

Dear Angela, 

thank you very much for your time and effort. I really admire what you do. Helping people and healing them is like the most noble thing. 

I finally got my MRI as you suggested... My GP never sent me for one, I had to find a different way. 

English is not my first language so I will try to translate the results:

Th 5/6 right sided paramedial dorzolatheral spondylophyte interfering 2 mm to vertebral channel

Th8/9 left sided paramedial hernia/spondylophyte interfering 2 mm to vertebral channel

TH 11/12 medial herniated disc interfering 2.5 mm into vertebral channel.

Sorry for my poor translation...

So far I ve been told that everyone has some abnormalities in their spine, and people with worse findings would not be in pain... 

For me the strange thing is that this attack of pain happens regularly every month... 

So basiccaly, it takes me about weel or two to get out from the worst, than I feel a bit more better and than without any trigger I wake up in the morning with the terrible pain... 

I mentioned those cycles, it really is every 30 ddays, around  my ovulation, to gynacologist, orthopedic, neurologist, physiotherapist and everyone said they have never heard about anything like that. 

Have you ever come across something like that? 

Any thoughts on the findings? 

Once more huge thank you for your time and support I greatly appreciate it.

Best !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.