Thoracic outlet syndrome - car accident 5 years after surgery

Posted , 1 user is following.

a few weeks ago someone was distracted and pulled out in-front of me and hit me in my truck. i had my seat belt on but i was driving a older classic vehicle that did not have air bags and it did a number on my chest. my truck was totaled, and i went to the hospital to get checked over -

so my question is this- 5 years ago i had a bypass and my top rib removed due to thoracic outlet syndrome. when my car accident happened a few weeks ago, the seat belt and steering wheel left large bruises all over my scars from the bypass surgery. has anyone that had thoracic outlet syndrome surgery been in a car accident? if so did they have any complications? im worried that something happened in my chest??? at the hospital after my accident they did a ct scan and shot dye in chest to making sure all the blood was flowing correct and they said it looked fine, but here i am two weeks later with a sore chest still and some bruising. ive woke up several times with numb hands and i have issues with the circulation in both arms and hands. ive called and left a message with the doctor who did my surgery and am waiting for a response - has anyone had tos surgery and then been injured?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.