Those diagnosed, can you answer a question please?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I’m waiting to see a rheumatologist as I am experiencing a lot of constant pain. I also have a lot of twitching, so much so that my stomach muscles woke me in the night, they were going crazy. Yesterday I hand washed a top and used a towel to wring it out, I twisted the towel quite hard with my left hand but after that it felt as though I had pulled a muscle between my thumb and forefinger and was painful to use for the rest of the day. I just don’t get why my muscles seem to pull so easily! It’s better today. I’m scared to do anything that’s going to make the pain worse now. I’ve always been a lively person but I find now that by about 3pm I am so exhausted and in so much pain that I just want to lie in bed. I feel completely out of it.

Please can someone tell me if this is what fibro feels like? I’m almost hoping for this diagnosis as I am worried it could be something worse. 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like I am always shattered by 4/5 pm and then the pins and needles start
    • Posted

Thanks Mandy. Do you seem to pull muscles really easily? 
    • Posted

Yes I do sometimes it make feel sick coz it can hurt so much, hope you get sorted I have seen the rheumatologist once she diagnosed me with fibromalgia and said nothing much I can do but inform my doctor to medicate me
  • Posted

Hi. What you've described sounds like some of the fibro symptoms. I have twitches so bad that parts of my body 'jump'! It's very unsettling, especially at night. I also have pain in my hands, especially between my thumb and forefinger. I struggle to hold a cup/glass. I was referred to occupational therapy at my hospital and they made me hand splints (different ones for day and night time use) that I've found help. But I struggle the most with fatigue and all over pain. I usually start to feel exhausted by lunchtime and by 3 or 4pm I'm struggling to keep me eyes open. It's awful. The pain is always there in the background and whilst that's hard enough to deal with I get "flare ups" where the pain becomes unbearable. Even clothes are sore on my skin and light hurts my eyes. I also have Polymyalgia Rheumatica and degenerative disc disease so honestly there are times when I don't know which pain is from which condition. Not that it matters I suppose! Hopefully you'll get a diagnosis from your rheumatologist and can start treatment, although in my journey i've never really had significant relief from medication. There are other (natural) things you can try yourself though - tumeric tablets or cbd oil are good. I went for kinesiology and would recommend it as i was given some very good advice on diet and suggestions for herbal tablets. Good luck x

• Posted

Thanks so much for your response trish. I also get jumping, mainly in my left shoulder and vibrations. I don’t know what is going on but I am hoping for a diagnosis of some kind from the rheumatologist. I’m only 37, too young to live with pain everyday I think! 😞 I’ve heard quite a lot about cbd oil. Where can you get it from? 

• Posted

Yes you sound like you have a lot of the problems that I have with pain. My hands can hurt so bad. Also I am tired and don’t have a lot of energy. I used to be such an energetic person . I’ve been dealing with this for years but I seem to be having a harder time as years go by.
  • Posted

I ache all over and have joint pain. My hands specifically have a throbbing sensation and my hands shake and thumbs twitch. Saw my PCP today and got blood work done. No diagnosis yet, but so fatigued and achy I can't function. Even my eyeballs hurt and throb. I use to have boundless energy, now it's such a struggle to get out of bed. 😕

• Posted

Yes, I feel like that but i am in so much pain in morning i can't do much before mid-day. As i have been typing a bit this morning my wrist, fingers and collar bone are all so very painful. If i try to wring any clothes out like that i know i would suffer but i still do the things that put me in pain and suffer the consiquences later. Stupid i know but don't like being beat. Always tired. Jo.

• Posted

Hey Lossa, could you introduce a little bit more yourself, in terms of your physiology info? I mean age/gender etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.