Those little extras

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have just been sorting my bag for Friday (number 2 hip) and found all my kit from the last one six months ago. At the bottom I found 6 lengths of leather cord and sat there puzzled until I remembered that I put then through the zips of my shoes and boots and knotted a loop so that I could hook my grabber through them and pull up my zips!

Aha!

I also found my leg 'whoopie' - a 12 inch piece of quilted fabric with hand loops at either end - I used it to lift my leg off the sofa (I had no risers for the sofa so had to improvise).

I wonder how many inventions or ideas people had to overcome problems at home and during recovery - maybe Graham could get to work on a new section!

Oh and just found my grabber and it has sticky velcro on it to fix it to my crutches!

4 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The velcro grabber is a good idea!!!! Just the ticket in the early days.

Thinking of you so much Kate, and wishing you the speediest of recoveries after Friday. Keep us all up to date with your progress, as we will all be thinking of you.

• Posted

Hi Kate hope it all went well for you yesterday. Let us know how you are when you get a moment.

• Posted

Dear Kate, 

I have been thinking of you ... Did you have your surgery and if so, how are you doing ?

I so hope you are doing great and that pain is gone ...

Blessings and

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Ohhhh, yes, still alive. All went well. Very sore this time but just managing to shuffle to the loo xxx
    • Posted

I hope the soreness passes quickly Kate.  At least it's over now and the only way is up.  Best wishes for a good and speedy recovery.

Cels xxx  

• Posted

It is all over now lovely Kate, no more replacements for you, you know what to do. Just take each moment at a time until it eases off. Lots of pain relief. Thinking of you and soon you will be home with your chickens x
    • Posted

cheesygrin I know, right !!!!!   I told my surgeon and he flat out told me that that is not possible because it was the same procedure !!! hmm, maybe that was sarcasm ??? told him also that my scar was more painful as it was more toward bum-cheek and I could feel it all the time - NOPE,he said,  exactly the same --- 

But Kate, Kate, Kate, you have 2 new hips --- I felt so great and became quite cocky and immediately paid a price for overdoing it ...

just saying ... 

you know that there will be some uncomfortable days/nights ahead - you've been there, done that .... and you also know that it will pass - 

my advice is: take it easy - tender loving care , be gentle to yourself - 

oh, and it will be different that 1st one ...  

do you have to inject fragmin/blood thinning meds or have to wear TED's ... 

warm embrace, well done 

renee

• Posted

How are you darling? Have been thinking of you and trawling through the posts to find you. Do hope you are okay x
    • Posted

me too - Maybe she is going home today ... 

big hug to you sweetness - 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.