Those who’ve had gastritis or ulcer

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, if you've had gastritis or ulcers what were your symptoms? I've been having constant pain in my upper abdomen that is also under both ribs (can be very painful at times) nausea, loss of appetite & fatigue. I've had a ct scan and bloodwork, everything comes back normal. Just wondering if anyone has experienced my symptoms with gastritis or ulcers? I can't get into to see a GI doctor for two weeks. 😦

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Yes. Dealt with that this morning and took some sucralfate and in two hrs it went away.

• Posted

Originally my doctor told me I had gastritis and told me to take pepcid but that did not help and the I saw another doc who said it was an ulcer and gave me prescription omeprazole and sucralfate and the omeprazole I hate but the sucralfate has really helped a lot for pain/burn under ribs, in chest, or in stomach.

I never had an endoscopy for diagnosis.

• Posted

That would be me. The pain feels like hunger or burning pain, often in the middle stomach area. At times, it moves and makes my ribs tender. Sometimes I have pulling sensation or discomfort under left rib, yesterday I had sharp pain under right rib.

Its been 2 months. I was tested, got a h pilory positive (hence gastritis is a sure thing), took antibiotics for 2 weeks and its still here. First line of antibiotics fails 40%. I was feel belching a lot.

So now I wait to test if h pilory therapy failed. If yes, will take more antibiotics 😦

• Posted

Sorry you've been feeling like this for 2 months. Hope it clears up soon. Is your pain in your abdomen and/or ribs every day? Is the pain mostly moderate, mild or severe? Did you have an endoscopy?

• Posted

Pain is in the area between the ribs (so its up, not low), and also under the ribs...like 5th, 6th rib area.

Gastro doesnt want to do endoscopy due to younger age but probably will do if I am negative for h pilory on the test.

Pain is pressure type with occasional stabbing...but also when I eat I feel mildly sick..nausia and feeling bad...occurs within 5 min of eating. Its constant, not occasional.

• Posted

Yes I had those symptoms. I was diagnosed with H- Pylori infection, had a constant ache in my upper ,stomach, no appetite, nausea, and weakness, lost a stone in weight due to not being fit to eat..had to ly with my head raised, so I could sleep. treatment was 2 antibiotics and a stomach tablet...for 2 weeks, it took me a couple of months, and a change of diet, no spicey food, tomatoes, or anything acidic...I drank manuka honey and lukewarm water..found it very soothing...slowly, I am getting my appetite back,and can eat more..oh, but I still remember that pain...it was horrible...

• Posted

Sorry you went through that. Glad you've gotten better and hope you continue to improve everyday. Did you have gastritis or ulcers?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.