Thotatic spine problem a constant pain please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

My thoratic spine pain is horrible . Between shoulder blades it is constant . It feels like a burning sensation and drives me mad . Can anyone please tell me if they are suffering the same symptoms or if they have done in the past . Just need to know I'm not only one

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It could be any one of a number of things causing it.   Would be having it looked at by someone who knows what they are doing if I were you.

In my case it was non-Hodgkins lymphoma in T5.  Wish someone had have told me back then to ask for a scan or a series of blood teasts, all I did was go to five different GPs and when the bone collapsed onto my sc it was too late, the damage had been done.

With the benefit of hindsight I would have had a scan done months before and saved doing sc damage.

• Posted

I am having a scan on Sunday thank goodness. How are you now and did you eventually get it sorted after what happened
    • Posted

It's good your having a scan but until you get the results you need to try and cope with it best you can,

Try ice packs 20 mins every hour they are great

Heat packs if the ice dose not work or alternate them if they both ease your pain.

Stretching

Chiropractic treatments but make sure it's a recommendation

Acupuncture

Let us know what your results are and hopefully someone will be able to offer advice, good luck I hope it's nothing to serious 😊

• Posted

Yes, I was lucky, in a way.  The cancer was easily treated as it was confined to a small area in that one bone, and it had not spread.  Six months of chemo and it was gone, been in remission for two years nearly.

Had a compression of the sc which meant loss of feelings from waist down, was classed as a paraplegic in the early days. Spinal fusion from T2 - T7.   Got my legs working again after about a year, was in a wheelchair for about 15 months.  Have walked nearly 1200 km anassisted since, although I was using the walking stick at times when my back ached a lots.

Yesterday was the first day I went all day without touching the stick, as well as today, and walked 15km as well.

Feels like you are nearly at the top of the mountain when you ditch the walking stick.

• Posted

Hi caroline . Thank you for your advice . I will definately get the ice and heat packs . Have you had the same thing before
    • Posted

Wow I thint you have done amazing . A very big well done . So glad you are OK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.