Thought changes due to sinus pressure! Anyone else have this???? HELP!

Posted , 3 users are following.

One of the most disturbing symptoms of dry/inflamed sinuses has been when I get a random thought that is completely disconnected from anything else I was thinking of and then I will feel popping in my cheek bones (maxillaries) and then thoughts go back to normal. I had this before surgery (which was two weeks ago and I was fine until recently) and lo and behold, when the weather got cold and dry, it's back! I just spoke with my surgeon who said, "Nah, I think that's totally unrelated to your sinuses". Why is it when it "doesn't fit the mold", it isn't related. UGH! Anyone else have anything else like this? Lori

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking any other medication? like antidepressant or something? the thoughts u mentioned are they negative or positive or random? reason im asking is that i also had a sinus surgery 10 yrs ago and been very well for 10 yrs now i get facial pain and head pressure around my face and where sinuses are and dr think its all due to anxiety and indeed when im more stressed or have to concentrate it becomes more heavy but i also have inflammed sinuses and i have no idea it its related or totally unrelated!

• Posted

I'm sorry but this doesn't really make any sense and doesn't have any context in order to provide a sufficient reply. Could you provide more details? Like...what surgery....what were your problems before the surgery, why did you have the surgery?

• Posted

Lindsay, I haven't mentioned anything other than sinuses which is what my surgery was for. The person who commented before you understood that. Saying it doesn't make sense to you is not helpful and even if you had every single detail, I doubt you could help. Are you really interested in helping or did it bother you that my post didn't make sense to you...your tone suggests the latter.

• Posted

I actually wanted to understand (as there are tons of different sinus surgeries possible) what you were saying and I apologize if you misunderstood what I was trying to convey. No need to be rude. I truly hope things look up for you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.