Thought i had a great gp but...

Posted , 6 users are following.

So..i thought I had an amazing and supportive GP who really cared and supported me. Ive been seeing her weekly for last two months and she aaked me to come in today to see if I was okay following an incident last week. So I trust her and she listens. Although I already had app this week, she called me in today and still wants me to keep weds app to update her regarding my cmht app.

But for some reason my my mother has cast doubts..saying the gp is distant as sge has had sone different exp. Although thats not my exp I keep thinking back and feel maybe she doesnt care at all and is just trying to get rid of me. Why can my mother influence so much of my thoughts??

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Go with your gut instinct. Everybody is different and consequently see others very differently to other people.

If you feel comfortable and confident with this GP then stick with it even if your mum doesn't agree x

• Posted

How your mother gets on with a Dr is private and not any business of yours, and how you get on with a gp is nothing to do with your mother. If you let her change that, then it's not your mother influencing you, you are letting her influence you. Ignore her, do what you want and forget about it

• Posted

Very good question. Why is she still influencing your thoughts so much?  Have you asked yourself this?   Are you doing anything about it?  

Your GP sounds brilliant so keep on going to see her and don't let anyone elses experiences put you off. 

• Posted

Hi k8861 - you have written it yourself - you "trust her and she listens." Many of us suffer docs who are not as hands on when it comes to mental health. Stop overthinking this. If the doc was trying to get rid of you, she wouldn't be insistent on seeing you. She sounds great. On the other hand your mum sounds like she is projecting her fears on you. Ignore it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.