Thought I had Lymhoma but I don't!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone,

like many of you I have had issues with swollen lymph nodes and a myriad of other odd symptoms for years. I am sharing my full story in Hope's it gives someone comfort. however, I am not a doctor and this is just my experience.

It all started with swollen lymph nodes in my groin in 2017. After 6 months of never going away a biopsy was done, around the same time several new ones appeared in my left armpit. The biopsy came back all clear. I was then concerned about the multiple lymph nodes in my armpit, a few were confirmed 3cm in size. from early 2018 through 2019 I began to experience abdominal pain and issues, pain in my left shoulder, pain in my left pectoral, pain in my back, and pain up the left side of my neck. I found 2 lymph nodes in my neck and one under my jaw.. again all on the left side. Although they were there, these nodes were much smaller than those in my armpit. I then began experiencing pain behind my right knee and lower right groin again. I was going crazy!

After several x rays, CT's, and two ultrasounds we decided to biopsy a node from my armpit. Both of my biopsies were excision and removed completely. I got my result on this past Monday and again it came back benign. What is going on?? right. They think it may be autoimmune and more testing is underway, but it could also be nothing. Apparently your lymph nodes can simply swell for no identifiable reason or swelled up a while back and just remained large indefinitely. My doc thinks the pain in my shoulder and chest led me to identify the nodes, which then put my mind in overdrive. Why wouldn't it? both sides should feel somewhat similar so I was obviously concerned. Thousands of dollars later I am done with surgeries and biopsies and will be doing what I can to improve my health. Eat better, exercise more, take antihistamines (because this can apparently help), and stress a little less. feel free to ask any questions you have.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

So, you still have swollen lymph nodes? How many and how big are they?

Are your blood tests normal?

Did your lymph nodes grow over time?

Were they moveable , rubbery, hard?

Sorry for so many questions .

• Posted

Hey i'm sorry to hear about your health problems and anxieties. I appreciate you taking the time to write that post because i'm sure it will ease some other people's anxieties about their own health problems. Have you gotten any answers? Are you still having issues? Ive been having some weird symptoms myself which is what brought me here(like most people i'm sure). Im a 33 year old mom of 2 little girls so i worry more about being around for them than i do about what i might experience myself. I've already been diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder years ago as well as hypothyroidism. So i never know what i should ignore and what i shouldn't when it comes to health concerns. Hypothyroidism itself can have so many symptoms i usually just attribute everything to that. I just had to increase my thyroid med dose a couple of weeks ago and i had a physical then as well. But lately i've been having pain tightness and itchiness in my chest and sometimes itchiness in my underarms. i noticed what seems like sore and maybe slightly swollen lymph nodes in my right breast and groin area. I have a lot of health anxiety so my brain quickly convinces me that im dying whenever i have issues especially if i think they might be cancer or heart related. I know its ridiculous as im actually a pretty level headed rational person usually but i cant help it when anxiety brain kicks in. Im planning on going back to urgent care (which is where i do my primary care) and telling them about my symptoms and that im concerned it could be lymphoma. Im super scared honestly.

• Posted

Hello, I am so sorry I did not respond.. my email did not send me notifications. Do you still wish for me to update you?

• Edited

Keeping healthy is important to everyone and anyone, we must invest in our health to have better lifestyles.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.