Thought I was getting better then panick

Posted , 4 users are following.

I thought I was getting Better no stress no anxiety then all of a sudden I had a massive panick attack while I was driving anyone else had one out of nowhere

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes! I wAs doing well the past few years. A few months back I had a panic attack out of nowhere and the anxiety lingered and lingered. The worst it's ever been for me. I started back on an antidepressant and am working with a therapist. I'm in a much better place, trying to get back to my normal.
    • Posted

Thanks Tracey its sole destroying when u have a set back isn't it? I worked so hard trying to accept it was anxiety and move on from it feel like I'm at rock bottom again all my anxiety symtoms are back again
    • Posted

It's devastating! I think it knocked me down so fast and hard this time because I knew how good it felt to not be under its crazy umbrella!
    • Posted

Yeah totally it's horrible but I got better once I'll do it again can't go through it again a whole year I was so ill with it and I'm not going back there I'm going to push the doctor for therapy this time as there are underlying things that caused it so maybe that will help?
    • Posted

Therapy helps me so much! It helps to have someone that can help you change the way you react and how much that lessens anxiety! Good Luck! You will get better again!
  • Posted

Hi Iain,

Sorry to hear you had a nasty panic attack.  Remember that that is all it was - just a panic atack.  Say to yourself - "Thank goodness I got through that one" and let it go.  That's the real trick.  I would suggest checking with your doctor re meds - they can really help as can therapy.  I think it's always best to use whatever and all tools you have available to you - anything that helps is good.  It's a bit of a process and setbacks are totally normal - eventually, the setbacks are very minimal.

Best,

Linda

• Posted

Thank you India I have tried different meds and I find the side effect worse than the anxiety itself Iam quite sensitive to meds of any kind have been since a child even over counter pain med don't agree with me so I'm now down to the option of therapy 7years ago my gran was very ill and passed away after 8 month illness then two weeks later my cousin had a heart attack I gave him CPR he passed 4 days later in hospital then 3 weeks later his son died and another 2 weeks later my dad had a heart attack thankfully survived I felt as tho I had delt with it all but 5 years later I stated getting panick attacks can this happen after all that time can it all be linked? This is why I'm thinking therapy? I don't understand why it would take so long to happen to me why not there?
    • Posted

Sorry for the rant got carried away but lost just now
  • Posted

Hi again, Iain

Absolutely - kind of post traumatic stress.  I went through a terrible year - thought I was doing fine - then, bam - it hit fast and hard. I am on celexa now and, though it was rough going at first - I am also very sensitive to Meds - theside effects did I pass and it really helped a lot. As did positive self talk, a bit of therapy, daily walks (even when I did not want to), support from this group and generally pushing myself to carry on.

take care, iain

you will get through this

best,

linda

• Posted

Thanks Linda I am going to push the doctor for some kind of therapy I will get there in not going to let this rule my life again thanks for your time I appreciate it xx
  • Posted

I totally get it. I'm in the same position right now. Best thing you can do is understand that it's all in your head. Remind yourself of how happy you were, how happy you could be, and how much you're depriving yourself of that. As hard as panic attacks and anxiety are, you can take control back. Do not give up. Never give up. It's all in your head and you'll be fine.
    • Posted

Thank you I will try my best so fed up
    • Posted

I totally understand. Try to accept that you're worried and move on with your life. Anxiety can ruin lives, don't let it ruin yours.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.